We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Upgrade problems

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

69121 Oct 15,2007 05:46 PM Oct 17,2007 09:43 AM General Discussion 1
Tags: General Discussion
Ted Konkel
Asked On October 15, 2007 05:46 PM

Hello. I am attempting to upgrade Syncfusion Essential Tools and Essential Schedule from v. 5.102.0.51 to v. 5.202.0.25. I’m running ASP.NET 2.0, Visual Studio 2005, on Windows 2003 Server OS. I’ve wasted a lot of time on this today, for what should have been a simple upgrade. I’ve got the following questions:
1) Why don’t you have clear upgrade instructions? I had to hunt around in the forum to find that you recommend de-installing the previous version before installing the new version. This should be in the installation instructions. So I would like step-by-step upgrade instructions, since hacking my way through the various pages and menu options has been frustrating and not very productive. Specifically, I want to know how to install the v. 5.202.0.25 upgrade, then upgrade an existing ASP.NET 2.0 website that was using controls from v. 5.102.0.51.
2) Why isn’t the Schedule control placed in my Syncfusion toolbox automatically? Yes, I can add it to the toolbox by opening “Choose Items…”, but I shouldn’t have to. And it makes me wonder what else isn’t displayed in the toolbox that should be.

Thanks,
Ted

Ramu [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 17, 2007 09:43 AM

Hi Ted,

I regret for the delay in getting back to you. Please follow the steps to upgrade to latest version 5.2.0.25.

To upgrade to new Version 5.2.0.25

If you are interested in keeping multiple versions of Syncfusion in your system, please goahead and start installing the current setup file in the system. This will install the current version over the previous version and the system will be configured accordigly for the new version. You can switch between the versions using the AssemblyManager tool that comes with the install and this can be located from the Dashboard.

If you are interested in keeping only the current version, please remove the previous version and install this new version. The unlockkey depends on the version number and so, it is different for different versions.

Please follow the below steps to run the existing application:

Open the project and replace the old version number to the current version number (5.202.0.25) in the assemblies and httpHandlers section of the Web.config file and the register section of the .aspx file.

Also make sure that your machine has latest assemblies in the {[installed drive]:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies} PublicAssemblies folder and in the GAC. Now recompile, run the project.

Please follow the steps to include the scheduler control to the Syncfusion toolbox.

1) Please download the "scheduleweb.ini" file from the following link,
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/scheduleweb_d36dfd1c.zip and replace this file in the following location.
{[Installed drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\5.2.0.25\Utilities\ToolBoxInstaller}

2) Please download the "assemblies.ini" file from the following link,
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/assemblies_3839f067.zip and replace this file in the following locations.
{[Installed drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\5.2.0.25\Utilities\ToolBoxInstaller\2.0}
{[Installed drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\5.2.0.25\Utilities\ToolBoxInstaller}

3) Run the Toolbox installer ("Re-initialize Visual Studio.NET Toolbox") from the dashboard.

4) Now you could be able to see the schedule control in the VS toolbox.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance. Thank you for your in interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Ramu

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;