We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager DockStateChanged

Hello

I have a form with a docking manager on it and I need to listen for when the dock state of a control has changed so that I can change the state of some other controls on the form. I setup and event handler for the DockStateChanged event, however it appears that this event does not fire when the user floats the control using the docking managers context menu. Can someone explain why this is the case and if there is another event that I can listen to in this case?

Thanks
Patrick

5 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team October 10, 2007 05:02 AM UTC

Hi Patrick,

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue of DockStateChanged event not being raised when the state of the control is changed to Floating using context menu.

Please refer to the attached sample and video clip that shows what I could see at my end:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F69011/main.htm

Could you please modify the attached sample so that the issue could be seen clearly? Also please let me know the Essential Studio version you are using.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Golda

PH Patrick Hampton October 10, 2007 02:49 PM UTC

Golda

Thanks for the reply. I can not get your sample app to build with my version of syncfusion. I am using version 5.102.1.0. I am also using a RibbonForm rather than a standard form if this makes a difference.

Here are the erros I am getting:
'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButtonType' does not contain a definition for 'Restore' V:\Spike\docking_69011\docking_69011\Form1.Designer.cs 47

'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButtonsCollection' does not contain a definition for 'MergeWith' V:\Spike\docking_69011\docking_69011\Form1.Designer.cs 49

'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager' does not contain a definition for 'SetCustomCaptionButtons' V:\Spike\docking_69011\docking_69011\Form1.Designer.cs 50

Patrick

PA Patrick October 10, 2007 02:53 PM UTC

Golda

To follow up on my last post, I have attached a sample app that does recreate the problem I am seeing. Again I am using Essential Studio version 5.102.1.0.

Thanks
Patrick

DockingMod.zip

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team October 12, 2007 05:55 AM UTC

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the sample.

I am able to see that DockStateChanged event not being raised when dock state of the control is changed to Floating using context menu in v5.1.1.0.

I tested this issue with the same sample in v5.2.0.25 and found that the issue is not there.
Please have a look at the video clip that shows what I could see at my end using v5.2.0.25:
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/dockstate_75054bc7.zip

Could you please consider upgrading to this version? You can download the latest version from the following link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Unlock key :
If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

Best regards,
Golda

PH Patrick Hampton October 12, 2007 10:36 PM UTC

Golda

We are looking at upgrading to 5.2 for another issue as well. Once we are finished with the upgrade I will let you know if that fixes this issue as well.

Thanks
Patrick

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon