We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Autocomplete problem

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

68662 Sep 26,2007 02:48 PM Oct 3,2007 09:14 AM Windows Forms 4
Tags: Tools
Blaine Anderson
Asked On September 26, 2007 02:48 PM

Our users use the Autocomplete functionality as follows:
- Start typing
- Use the arrow keys (up/down) to select the desired item.
- Hit the TAB key to move to the next control on the form.

In an earlier version of EssentialTools, the autocomplete would "remember" the currently highlighted item and show it in the edit box when the user tabbed out of the control. This no longer works in 5.1.1.13.

How can I get this behavour back?

-Blaine

Nandakumar R [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 27, 2007 08:59 PM

Hi Blaine,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I tried the reproducing steps you have mentioned in the following sample and was not able to reproduce the issue in the version 5.1.1.13.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F68662/main.htm

Please try the sample and let me know if I have to change anything during the testing of the issue.

I would like to recommend you to use our latest version v5.2.0.25, which is more stable compared to the version 5.1.1.13 and contains important bug fixes and more new feature implementations. Please refer the below link for more details and downloads.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Regards,
Nanda

Blaine Anderson
Replied On October 1, 2007 12:00 PM

Here is how to reproduce the bug using the Syncfusion examples for Windows forms. Please see the attached screenshot.
- Start the autocomplete sample.
- add the following strings by typing them and hitting enter: aabc, aacd, aafg, aagh.
- type "aa" into the textbox.
- use the arrow keys to select "aagh"
- Hit the Tab key.

The questioon is, how can a make sure that "aagh" shows up in the edit box when the tab key is pressed?

screenshot.zip

Jeba S [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 3, 2007 12:47 AM

Hi Blaine,

Thank you for you update and screenshot.

Please refer the Incident 37888 to follow this query.

Regards,
Jeba.

Jasper [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 3, 2007 09:14 AM

Hi Blaine,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect, since it worked fine in the previous version of the Syncfusion product. We have

created a new incident(#37952) for this issue. So please refer that incident to follow this issue.

Regards,
Jasper.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;