We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Tweaking the Grid

Hi, I have a couple questions about the gridgrouping control.

It would take me a lot to explain all so I attached a doc file so you can see actually see what I need.

Thanks in advance

GroupedGrid0.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 27, 2007 08:09 AM UTC

Here is the same link that was posted in your thread in the tools forum.

To see caption summaries in nested tables, you need to set the properties on the NestedTablesGroupOptions. Here is a little sample that shows caption summaries in nested tables.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_NestedCaptionSummary_a4eddea7.zip

Doesn't it do what you requested? Here is a sanpshot of the display.

CaptionSummary.zip

VH Vicko Hazdovac July 30, 2007 07:17 AM UTC

It does put the summary row in the caption, and that's good.

But my question was : Can I make the column headers visible while the nested table is minimized?

So the user can see the columns being summarized.

Here is an attachment that I photoshoped so you can see what I'm trying to achieve.

GroupedGrid2.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 30, 2007 03:39 PM UTC

You can use an extra section to manage this. We ship a sample that discusses using extra sections at:

Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.1.0\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Grouping\CustomSectionInGroup

Here is a minimal sample that uses an extrasection to hold the column headers with a captionsummary under them where you can collpase the caption and stll see the headers and the caption summary.

GGC_NestedCaptionSummary.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon