We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SuperToolTip not working right with Combobox

I noticed that the SuperToolTip does not seem to function properly when used with a .NET 2.0 combobox. The tool tip only appears when hovering over the drop-down arrow, but not when hovering over the textbox part (there is a tiny sliver at the bottom where it does, oddly).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I also have a problem where, when I create a User Control (a composite control over other controls), the tooltip does not work when hovering over any of the inner controls. I have to do special coding each place I use my custom control to attach the tooltip to it's inner controls. This is not ideal, since it means the normal tooltip designer cannot handle these controls.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

-- David

3 Replies

DW David Whatley July 22, 2007 06:30 PM UTC

It is worth point out that the same thing happens on your own ButtonEdit control. The tool tip doesn't appear when you however over it.

-- David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 23, 2007 08:51 PM UTC

Hi David,

I am able to see the issue of the display of tooltip using SuperToolTip not working properly while hovering over the textbox part of the ComboBox. Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident with the subject "SuperToolTip not working right with Combobox - F64520" so that we could give more details regarding the fix?

Regarding the issue of tooltip not being displayed while hovering over inner controls of the UserControl when SuperToolTip is used, I checked this with the .NET ToolTip and I could see the same behaviour. Hence this is the default behaviour of the SuperToolTip.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Golda

DW David Whatley July 28, 2007 06:17 PM UTC

Regardless, that's not an acceptable default behavior as you can plainly see. It needs to be able to handle this.

-- David

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon