We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cannot open storage Exeption

I have a problem opening word document using using Syncfusion.DocIO, i get Cannot open storage Exception.

I have created a small project with the file i'm trying to open.

testing4.zip

4 Replies

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team July 17, 2007 05:26 PM UTC

Hi Miran,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks a lot for the sample document. I was able to reproduce the issue. Can you please create a Direct-Trac Incident with TITLE : [ Forum:64245 - Cannot open storage Exception ]. Also, can you please update us with the version of MS-Word using which the document is created. Which will be more helpful for us to investigate further in this issue.

Please let me know for further help.

Regards,
Sarath

MA Mac January 25, 2008 09:10 AM UTC

Hi, is there any progress on this issue, coz ive got the same problem.

>Hi Miran,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks a lot for the sample document. I was able to reproduce the issue. Can you please create a Direct-Trac Incident with TITLE : [ Forum:64245 - Cannot open storage Exception ]. Also, can you please update us with the version of MS-Word using which the document is created. Which will be more helpful for us to investigate further in this issue.

Please let me know for further help.

Regards,
Sarath

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team January 28, 2008 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Mac,

MS Word can open documents in several formats including Text, HTML, Binary (Default), RTF and WordML. But the document updated by Miran at 7/17/2007 9:05:41 AM is a Web page document which was renamed with a .doc extension. However Essential DocIO is only capable of working with the binary MS Word format. Since the file is a Web page document which is renamed with a .doc extension, DocIO is not able to read it. Could you please provide us the document in which this issue occurs so that we can analyze the cause of the issue with that document and provide you a solution?

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Vishnu.

GA gayathri June 11, 2012 12:13 PM UTC

Hi ,
Plz Any one help me.
just i am creating new object for this but it isnot creating it is giving error like "Cannot open storage".
Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.WordDocument SyncWord = new Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.WordDocument(CreatedFileName);

Please .........

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon