We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

List of acceptable functions in formulas...

Hello,
Would you please tell me:

1) Where can i get the full list of functions which i can use in CalcQuick (i.e. in formulas). I mean RAND() and so on.

2) Why RAND() is not working in expression like this "2 * RAND()". What should i do if i need using RAND() in expressions?

9 Replies

AL Alex July 3, 2007 04:04 PM UTC

1) I'm already found this list.

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 3, 2007 09:36 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

2)Why RAND() is not working in expression like this "2 * RAND()". What should i do if i need using RAND() in expressions?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
RAND() formula is working fine with the attached sample.Could you please give me some more information regarding how to implement this issue in this sample?. I would really appreciate it if you could provide us a sample that exhibits this behavior. This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Sample : GridFormualRAND.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

AL Alex July 3, 2007 10:06 PM UTC

Hello Haneef,
thanks for your previous help.

"RAND() formula is working fine with the attached sample".
NO, it's NOT! I'm using Syncfusion 5.1.0.51 and after i compiled and ran your example i had "invalid expression" in every cell.
That's what i'm talking about...
See the attached screen shot.

screen8.zip

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 4, 2007 09:21 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

We have no reports of this problem, and have not seen it here. Attached ScreenShot clip formula cell value on my system which has 5.1.051 installed. Below is a screen shot.

Screenshot.zip

Please provide us more details to reproduce the issue. This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Best regards,
Haneef

AL Alex July 5, 2007 09:19 AM UTC

At my work we're using ver 4.4.0.51. And we have the same result: invalid expression on different computers. At my home i'm using 5.1.0.51 and all the same. Is there any chance to resolve this problem.
I made the same style screen shot:

Doc120.zip

AL Alex July 5, 2007 09:45 AM UTC

Previos Doc120.zip is not correct.

Doc121.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2007 07:12 PM UTC

I tried Haneef's sample using 4.4.0.51 and it did not show the problem for me either.

In your case, do you see any exceptions in the output window?

The only way I would know to proceed is to set up a GotoMeeting session so an engineer could access your system to see the error and try to debug it. To arrange this, you will have to submit a Direct Trac incident. It would also be helpful if you own the source code and have a debug build of our libraries available for use during the GoToMeeting session.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 5, 2007 07:20 PM UTC

Another sample you can check is the

Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.1.12\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\FormulaSupport\FormulaValueTest\CS

that we ship as part of the install.

It have a formula like

=Rand() * 100

Does this sample show the sample error?

AL Alex July 6, 2007 02:07 PM UTC

"Does this sample show the sample error?"
I've checked this sample and yes, it does.

I'll say about settin up a GotoMeeting session to the boss. I don't know if he really needs it.

Anyway, thaks for support.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon