We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception in Custom Bound Object Crashes VS 2005

After troubleshooting for a few hours today, I discovered a scenario where the GGC throws a very hard design-time error--an error so bad it takes Visual Studio down.

You should be able to reproduce this by binding to a custom data source (your own custom object type) and having the constructor of make a call that throws an exception. When the exception occurs in the the bound object's constructor, this *should* throw and error back the to visual studio designer. Instead, this hard error brings studio down completely.

You must close and re-open the form with the grid component to see the error occur.

This error concerns me...can you verify this and give me some feeling for what sort of priority this might get assigned?

BTW, I'm running the grid on VS 2005 and Vista (with all the latest service packs installed).

3 Replies

TG Tod Golding June 27, 2007 12:28 AM UTC

Can someone at least let me know if this item has registered on your radar?

>After troubleshooting for a few hours today, I discovered a scenario where the GGC throws a very hard design-time error--an error so bad it takes Visual Studio down.

You should be able to reproduce this by binding to a custom data source (your own custom object type) and having the constructor of make a call that throws an exception. When the exception occurs in the the bound object's constructor, this *should* throw and error back the to visual studio designer. Instead, this hard error brings studio down completely.

You must close and re-open the form with the grid component to see the error occur.

This error concerns me...can you verify this and give me some feeling for what sort of priority this might get assigned?

BTW, I'm running the grid on VS 2005 and Vista (with all the latest service packs installed).

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team June 29, 2007 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Tod,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I tried to reproduce the crash using this sample [http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F62853/main.htm]
But, I was not able to reproduce the crash using the above sample.

Could you please give me some more information regarding how to implement this issue in this sample?. I would really appreciate it if you could provide us a sample that exhibits this behavior. We will try analyzing it here.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

MA Madhankumar Syncfusion Team June 30, 2007 12:19 AM UTC

Hi Tod,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Please open opening a D-Trac incident to receive solutions within a business day.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon