We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Non-linear regression of series chart

The documentation shows there is the linear regression functionality like y=ax+b. Does it carry out non-linear regression analysis, like y=a0+a1x+a2x^2+....?

3 Replies

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 12, 2007 09:09 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Yes, you can achieve your requirements using Syncfusion chart product.

Please have a look at the attached sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F62263/main.htm

The above sample shows how to create a line chart using Nonlinear regression equation.

Please let me know if you have any more queries.

Regards,
Rashidha.

PB pbms June 14, 2007 03:03 PM UTC

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry I had not clarified my question. Actually, my question is how to make a non-linear regression(or called 'curve fitting') by a series of points(x,y)rather than draw a known non-linear expression. Now that the component has such powerful calculation function, I assume it should do such a regression analysis in a simple way.

Michael

RF Rashidha F Syncfusion Team June 15, 2007 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for using syncfusion products.

I am afraid that this feature is not currently supported by Essential Chart. Thanks for suggesting this valuable feature of "Add support Regression analysis feature in chart Control" to enhance our product. We have logged it as a feature request and notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Rashidha.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon