We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Adobe Acrobat compatibility

Hello

Can you please tell me in which versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader, PDF documents generated with Essential PDF, can be opened (5.0, 6.0, 7.0).

I have tried to open same PDF document in Adobe Acrobat 5.0 and 7.0. In 7.0 everything is working fine while in 5.0 Adobe Acrobat Reader displays error: "There was an error opening this document..."

With what PDF version is Essential PDF compatible (1.3, 1.4)? I was unable to find this info on your site or in your documentation.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 4, 2007 09:14 PM UTC

Hi Srdjan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Adobe PDF is a file format for representing documents in a manner independent of the application software, hardware, and operating system used to create them and of the output device on which they are to be displayed or printed. The PDF specifications used by Essential PDF for creating PDF files is PDF specifications 1.5. In general PDF is backward compatible so even old versions of viewers should be able to view the files, just the newer features will not be available if an old version of viewer is used.

If the problem occurs with just one document (or a specific subset of documents). Can you please create a Direct-Trac Incident with TITLE : [ Forum id (61870) - Title of Forum ( Adobe Acrobat compatibility ) ]. You can post your sample document and code using which the issue is reproduced in that Incident. This will be more helpful for us to investigate further in this issue. Your sample document will be kept secured and will be used only for our internal Testing purpose.

Regards,
Sarath

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 4, 2007 09:17 PM UTC

Hi Srdjan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Adobe PDF is a file format for representing documents in a manner independent of the application software, hardware, and operating system used to create them and of the output device on which they are to be displayed or printed. The PDF specifications used by Essential PDF for creating PDF files is PDF specifications 1.5. In general PDF is backward compatible so even old versions of viewers should be able to view the files, just the newer features will not be available if an old version of viewer is used.

If the problem occurs with just one document (or a specific subset of documents). Can you please create a Direct-Trac Incident with TITLE : [ Forum id (61870) - Title of Forum ( Adobe Acrobat compatibility ) ]. You can post your sample document and code using which the issue is reproduced in that Incident. This will be more helpful for us to investigate further in this issue. Your sample document will be kept secured and will be used only for our internal Testing purpose.

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,
Sarath

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon