We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How can I add a textboxfilterbar in a double-tier ggc?

Hello answer.
Question is as posting title.
I don't need grouping.
I just need a hierarchical grid displaying 2 tables' relation, parent and child.

Pls show me a code snippet set textboxfilterrow for the 2 table .

12 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 23, 2007 03:26 PM UTC

Hi Ken,

Below is a forum thread that discuss with this task.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=58888

Best regards,
Haneef

KX Ken Xu May 24, 2007 04:57 AM UTC

Your response is so rapidly.
Thank you, Answer Haneef.
Excuse me for my splurging English,you know,I'm the only one can do this in our team.
Actually,I'm looking up some E-words in dictionary:).

I think i must understand what you were talking about before i put focus on the codes included in .zip files

KX Ken Xu May 24, 2007 05:26 AM UTC

About the link you gave me ,its last post's attachment - Filter.zip,i'm reading now.
And I find a quite weird problem ,I guess the follow code can not be correctly compiled(the whole solution can't be run because of LC.exe's problem,so I guess):
gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowFilterBar = true;

you must ask me :why?
In the vs05 Editor,the last property-ShowFilterBar can't be intellisensed,and I tryed to find it in AssemblyBrowser,not found.

can you give me some adivce?

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 24, 2007 11:34 PM UTC

Hi Ken,

You can get the TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowFilterBar property directly from GroupingGridControl. Please try the following option to set the filter bar in the designer mode..

//Designer..
gridGroupingGrid=>TopLevelGroupOpions=>ShowFilterBar = true;

//Code
gridGroupingControl1.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowFilterBar = true;

Sample : ModifiedFilter.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

KX Ken Xu May 25, 2007 01:57 AM UTC

It's a pity that i must tell you that we're working with the product your company publish is Essential Suite 2.0.5.1.
Maybe it's so old that the GroupingGrid is not a complete as it is now?
ShowFilter property is not supported by this version?
how can I use these assembly(old) achieve our expected idea?

KX Ken Xu May 25, 2007 02:08 AM UTC

And I'm sure i can't click out the ShowFiler from behind the TopLevelGroupOptions.

You can check the attch.,it's a snapshot of PropertyGrid for the GroupingGrid.

snapshot3.zip

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 25, 2007 11:56 PM UTC

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your update.

I am afraid that this feature is not directly supported by Essential GridGroupingControl v2.0. But this can be supported from Essential GridGroupingControl v3.1. I recommend trying your issue in our latest version v5.1 and let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Haneef

KX Ken Xu May 28, 2007 05:52 AM UTC

Thank you,Haneef.

Before I download the latest version 5.1,I have a few questions to ask.
1.The latest version can be got from this site is for free? Or it's restricted?
2.If we must pay for the update from v2.* to v5.1? Or we must buy a new one?
3.If the Controls Library is sold in the other countries,how can the buyer make sure the version is correct?how can we pay for it?This question is my persional interest.

KX Ken Xu May 28, 2007 05:59 AM UTC

BTW:
Excuse me,Haneef.
you said 'this feature is not directly supported by Essential GridGroupingControl v2.0.',if I can comprehend like this: there is a indirectly path to arriving the goal?

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team May 28, 2007 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You will need the 3.0 version to be able to use the FilterBar in a GridGroupingControl. The 3.0 version ships with a sample showing how to use the FilterBar. Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Version Number\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\FilterBar

The latest version of Essential Studio - V5.1.0.51 is available for download from the below location,

http://www2.syncfusion.com/installs/v5.1.0.51/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe

Unlock key:

If you hold a Syncfusion license with a valid subscription, you can obtain your key for this version by visiting the "Download the latest versions" section within Direct-Trac and clicking on the appropriate key icon. If you are currently evaluating our products or considering renewing an expired subscription, please write to salessupport@syncfusion.com to request a key.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

KX Ken Xu May 29, 2007 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Jeba,

A mail has been sent to the mailbox.
Once you make a reply, please send it including my email body together.
It's a important backup for me, but I forgot to save it to my sentbox by carelessness.

Brgds.!
Ken

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team May 30, 2007 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your interest in V5.1.0.51. I hope our Sales Team will keep in touch with you regarding this.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon