We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion V5.1

Hello,

I noticed that v5.1 of Syncfusion is only 121 MB size, which much less than half of v4.4. What is missing in this package? Help Docs/Samples/EXamples? For the final release I am expecting everything included. This is a bit surprise.

I would appreciate if a clarification is given, before I attempt to use it.

Thanks
Satya

4 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team May 11, 2007 04:04 AM UTC

Hi Satya,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

The v5.1 install contains only .NET 2.0 support. The documentation has also been excluded. Please refer the below document that will help you to understand about this v5.1 install.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/install.pdf

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nanda

SK Satya Kolachina May 11, 2007 02:54 PM UTC

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for the response. However, based on my past experience with 4.4 version, I think it will be really very tough to work intuitively with Syncfusion products (particularly the Essential Diagram, which I have been using). Even the documentation given with that version was very poor. Now if you are saying that the documentation is excluded, then it will be a nightmare. With some documentation in 4.4, I spent countless number of hours trying to figure out what each method or property will do. With no documentation, it will be a real nightmare to use third-party components.

We need documentation with the package. You already said in your announcement that it is the final release. When do we actually get the documentaion and the real full release?

I am really disappointed to know that the documentation is not included in this release. May be I made a mistake buying Syncfusion package.

Satya Kolachina

>
Hi Satya,

The v5.1 install contains only .NET 2.0 support. The documentation has also been excluded. Please refer the below document that will help you to understand about this v5.1 install.

Regards,
Nanda

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team May 11, 2007 03:25 PM UTC

Hi Satya,

Full Documentation (144 MB of it) is included. It is just not included with the initial download. It is downloaded and installed on demand. If you wish you can also use the online documentation.

To download and install local documentation simply start the Syncfusion Dashboard and click on the "View locally installed documentation" link.

Best,
Daniel

>Hi Nanda,

Thanks for the response. However, based on my past experience with 4.4 version, I think it will be really very tough to work intuitively with Syncfusion products (particularly the Essential Diagram, which I have been using). Even the documentation given with that version was very poor. Now if you are saying that the documentation is excluded, then it will be a nightmare. With some documentation in 4.4, I spent countless number of hours trying to figure out what each method or property will do. With no documentation, it will be a real nightmare to use third-party components.

We need documentation with the package. You already said in your announcement that it is the final release. When do we actually get the documentaion and the real full release?

I am really disappointed to know that the documentation is not included in this release. May be I made a mistake buying Syncfusion package.

Satya Kolachina

>
Hi Satya,

Regards,
Nanda

SK Satya Kolachina May 11, 2007 06:23 PM UTC

Daniel,

Thanks very much for the clarification. Let me try it and I will share my experience once I install the complete package.

I appreciate your efforts.

Best regards,
Satya S Kolachina

>Hi Satya,

Full Documentation (144 MB of it) is included. It is just not included with the initial download. It is downloaded and installed on demand. If you wish you can also use the online documentation.

To download and install local documentation simply start the Syncfusion Dashboard and click on the "View locally installed documentation" link.

Best,
Daniel

>Hi Nanda,

Satya Kolachina

>
Hi Satya,

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon