We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

manual outlining?

Syncfusion 4.2.0.37

Is there a way to manually collapse a section of text in the EditControl? e.g. select an arbitrary block of text and collapse it. This is something the old 1.6 EditControl could do, but I can't find a call for it in the new EditControl. Just wondering if I am missing something.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 9, 2007 07:09 PM UTC

Hi Craig,

It is possible to collapse a section of text in the EditControl using the Collapse method. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Edit/60516/main.htm

CT Craig Timmerman May 9, 2007 09:36 PM UTC

Your solution collapses the already marked sections that are in the selected area. I was looking for something like what was in the old edit control where it would create a new collapsible section for just the selected text.

SL Shirley Louis Syncfusion Team May 24, 2007 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Craig,

I apologize for the delayed response. Currently the EditControl does not offer support for collapsing a selected region. Collapse and expand options can be provided for custom text by setting the IsCollapsable and the CollapsableName attributes for the respective lexeme in the config file.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or doubts.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Shirley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon