We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Databound GridView Sorting and addition of new records

Hi,
I tried using the sync fusion's "GridDataBoundGrid" control. I am facing the same issue which I had with the Microsoft's DataGridView 2.0 control(VS 2005). Might be I am missing some method or property in sync fusion's control.

The problem is:-
When I sort a "Databound" datagridview control (bound mode) and then try adding new records in the Grid, the newly added records are immediately sorted into the correct position. I dont want this behavior.

Expected:-
Instead, even if the user has sorted the content of the "Databound DataGridView", new records should always be added to the end. The user will need to apply the sort again in order to sort the row to the correct position. I want this behavior in the bound mode only.

1 Reply

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 4, 2007 02:51 PM UTC

Hi Angshuman,

Here is a forum thread that shows you "How to freeze the rows on sorting in a simple gridcontrol?". Please refer this and let me know if this helps.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=57901

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon