We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

FilterBar Customization

Hi,

I am using GGC with Filterbar enabled. By default the filter cell on a column selects the distinct values and also Custom, empty and ALL.

I want to control what is showed in the filter cell. For eg, If any of the cell has empty value the filter bar shows that in the list and also i want to diable Custom filter type value.

Please help me to better understand the working of filter bar and how to customize it.

Thanks and Regards,
devendra

4 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 26, 2007 05:50 PM UTC

Hi Devendra,

Please refer to this KB article for customizing the filterbar entry in a grid.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=323

Best Regards,
Haneef

DP Devendra Patel April 27, 2007 05:58 PM UTC

Haneef,
Thankyou for pointing out to right solution. It did help.
Everything looks OK except on one of the column it is throwing

An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in Syncfusion.Grouping.Base.dll

Any clue.

Regards,
Devendra

DP Devendra Patel April 27, 2007 09:28 PM UTC

Haneef,
Actually the stack overflow Exception occurs for the column where cells are of type ComboBox. For cells of type ForeignCell it is working fine.

If possible provide some insight into working of filterBarCell/CustomFilterBarCell and if you can point to some common mistakes which can cause this exception.

regards,
devendra

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 27, 2007 10:19 PM UTC

Hi Devendra,

Thank you for your update.

Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon