We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion Essentals Suite 5.0 beta - Essential Diagram

Hello,

I just downloaded the 5.0 beta. I am referring to the Essential Diagram. It appears that you changed a number of objects, such as replaced OrthogonalLine with OrthaganalConnector, and others too. Do you expect to make major changes in customers' code too? Or is it only minor changes?

Please clarify.

THanks

Satya S Kolachina

2 Replies

AI Apolon Ivankovic April 4, 2007 09:34 AM UTC

From a preliminary investigation done today, there are wholesale changes to the Essential Diagram object model if your application is non-trivial. For my application, it's going to be a heap of work to move to V5. Its not really practical to stay at V4 though because there are faults in V4 across the Essential Studio functionality range that need resolution.

So... my feedback from a V5 beta perspective is that:
Since Essential Diagram appears to be the only functionality set that has had major breaking API changes, there really needs to be a porting document or FAQ to help diagram application developers move to V5. Syncfusion developers could start the document and then update it as developer queries come in.

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 4, 2007 07:19 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your using Essential Diagram.

We have made some major changes to our code base for v5.1.0.0 in Essential Diagram keeping performance in mind. There are many new features added with more flexible usage of the product and good performance. We recommend you to upgrade to our latest version to utilize these features. We are here to help you in upgrading your projects to the latest code with ease.
The detailed document of the refactored code and new features will be available with the main release of v5.1.0.0.

Also Our Release Notes document contains information about new features and issues specific to this release.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon