We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl cannot drag drop column header to far right.

Hi,

I have a GridGroupingControl where I allow the user to drag drop column headers to any order or position they wish. However, when dragging a column to the far right side, the control prevents it from being placed as the very last column. To help illustrate the issue please load the following application from your Browse Samples collection.

Essential Studio Samples -> Grid.Grouping samples -> Sorting -> SortingMethods.
Run Sample.

Try dragging the CustomerID column such that it gets place on the far right of the grid. Just to the right of the Fax column. Is there some reason the control is preventing this? It only allows me got go as far as between Phone and Fax.

Note: this also seems to be the case with a GridControl. See Browse Samples -> Essential Studio Samples -> Grid samples -> Samples -> DragDropSupport -> DragColumnHeader

Regards,
Brian

Syncfusion Version: 4.4.0.51

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2007 05:03 PM UTC

Hi Brian,

This is by Design. There is no direct way for drag the rightmost Column. Here is a simple video clip that show you "How to drag the rightmost column in a grid?". Please watch the video clip and let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Haneef

BS Brian Schlatter March 20, 2007 06:34 PM UTC

Thanks Haneef. The video demonstrated the exact way I've been handling it as well. I just wasn't sure if it was a bug or intended by design. Thanks for answering.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon