We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Multiple series and show/hide from legend

Hi,

I'm using Essential Chart with multiple series types (lines, column, spline area, ...).

Chart uses "indexed mode" and X Axis has an offset of 0.5 to center series between two adjacent lines; the legend shows the checkboxes to show/hide series at runtime.

Also, some series are linked to the PrimaryYAxis and some others are linked to a secondary Y axis.

Screenshot 1: situation before hiding some series
Screeenshot 2: after some series have been hidden

As you can see the whole chart is badly rendered: some columns overlaps and in some case the columns are badly positioned in the chart.

How can I avoid this?

Best Regards

Simone Galleni

Screenshots19.zip

4 Replies

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team March 9, 2007 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Simone,

Thanks for your interest in Essential Chart.

I was not able to reproduce the condition that you have mentioned here.

I have created sample which produces a output as in the image sent by you and attached with this post.

In this sample, I have created 3 ColumnType series, 4 SplineType Series and 2 SplineAreaType series. In these series , 2 of the SplineType series belong to the secondary Y-Axis.

Could you please take a look at the attached sample and modify it to reproduce the condition that you have mentioned here and send it back to us?

You can download the sample from the below given Webpage link,

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F57684/main.htm

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2007 05:50 PM UTC

Here it is a modified example from the "Browse Samples" that reproduces this behaviour: some series implementing the IChartSeriesModel interface are needed.

"Show hide" the SplineArea series (series1) to reproduce the overlapping/wrong_displacement of the Column series.

Regards

Simone Galleni

SplineAreaAndColumn.zip

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team March 14, 2007 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Simone,

I was able to visualize the condition that you have mentioned here.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

I have logged a QA report with regard this issue and we will provide you with the timeframe for the fix of this issue by next week.

With regard to this issue, it occurs only when a SplineAreaType series is added to the ChartSeriesCollection of ChartControl before the addition of ColumnType Series.
So if your intention is to have a series of SplineAreaType etc.. along with the Column Series then kindly add the SplineAreaType series after the addition of ColumnType Series.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 16, 2007 07:36 AM UTC

Hi Simone,

This issue has been forwarded to our developers. We will update you with the fix for this issue on or before April9th, 2007. You can keep track of the progress of the issue from the below link

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/chart/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=3831

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Sharmila

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon