We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Table Row span multilines or multirows

Hi,
I revised the PDF sample 'InsertTables_2003.sln' by changing GetTable(7,7) to GetTable(20,20) to make the table have more coloumns.

Now the PDF cannot display entire row because the row has too many columns that exceeds the page size limits.

I want to display one table row in multiple lines so that it can display all columns.

How can I do it?

Thanks,

Lan

InsertTable.zip

12 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2007 08:20 PM UTC

Hi Lan,

Thanks for your interest in Essential PDF.

It is possible to list a table with 'n' number of columns in a single pdf document page using "New Table" model. The New table model has many features, where the table columns can be spanned to the same page or to different pages.

Here is the sample which lists a table with 25 columns and 20 rows, where the columns gets spanned to the same page. You can change the number of rows and columns according to your convenience. Hope this helps you.

Sample_Table_Spanning.zip

Regards,
Sarath

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2007 04:09 PM UTC

Thanks. It is helpful.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 5, 2007 10:29 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your update. Please let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Sarath Kumar.G

KG Kiran Guptha July 9, 2007 08:44 PM UTC

Hi,
I am trying to add really looooooong text to the column. table.Publish(doc.LastPage); Hangs. I waited 20 mins it didn't return. i modifed your Table Span example & attached it with it. Pls let me know is there anything I have to do to

Thanks
-Kiran

Sample_Table_Spanning.zip

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 10, 2007 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Kiran,

We have identified this issue of long text to the column hangs to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Thanks,
Melba

KG Kiran Guptha July 10, 2007 04:57 PM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I created the incident.
Here I have attached the Word doc file which I want to achieve in Pdf. since I can't use the Table Please let me know the alternate way to do this.

Thanks
-Kiran

Profiles.zip

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 11, 2007 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Kiran,

Thank you for creating direct-trac incident.

Your Direct-Trac incident #35498 is updated with the fix. So now you can use Table to achieve this.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

KG Kiran Guptha July 11, 2007 04:20 PM UTC

Hi,
Cell Text is working fine. Thank you.
There is one more issue. I set the Table width to 0.10f but if u look at the table, width is not consistant some place it looks very thick.
How to make it consistant. Please send me the code.
Find the attached example.

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 12, 2007 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Kiran,

We have identified this issue of "width is not consistant" to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to follow the incident #35498 in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Thanks,
Melba

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team July 13, 2007 04:41 AM UTC

Hi Kiran,

We were able to reproduce the issue.

The fix for this issue will be available on or before August 06, 2007.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/PDF/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=5444

And you can track the progress of the issues by visiting the following link.

Kindly let me know if you have any other queries.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari

KH Kevin Hector September 19, 2007 08:20 AM UTC

I am trying to run the sample code posted to this thread (Sample_Table_Spanning.zip) using an evaluation version of Essential PDF and VS 2005. This appears to be legacy code. Do you have a version of this sample for later versions of Essential PDF?

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team September 25, 2007 08:56 AM UTC

Hi Kevin,

Here is the sample in PDF latest version for Table spanning
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/PDF.Windows/F57109/main.htm

You can download more sample for table in latest version from the below evalcenter
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/evalcenter/default.aspx?cNode=738

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Fahad

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon