We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Install time?

I started install about 2 hours ago and the install is still sitting on the Configuring ASP.NET step (see attached).

Checking task manager, the process currently running is is-7RLLG.tmp. Can this process be stopped (killed) and restarted somehow. Or, is there a manual (scripted?) way to configure the ASP.NET apps.

Or is it better to let the setup run as long as it takes, even if it is all day?

stuck.zip

12 Replies

GB Gregory Beamer February 20, 2007 05:14 PM UTC

After 4 hours, I had to kill it. Now the question is whether there is something I can run to finish the ASP.NET setup.

>I started install about 2 hours ago and the install is still sitting on the Configuring ASP.NET step (see attached).

Checking task manager, the process currently running is is-7RLLG.tmp. Can this process be stopped (killed) and restarted somehow. Or, is there a manual (scripted?) way to configure the ASP.NET apps.

Or is it better to let the setup run as long as it takes, even if it is all day?

stuck.zip

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team February 20, 2007 06:38 PM UTC

Hi Gregory,

Syncfusion Essential Studio 4.4 is not completely compatible with Windows Vista. This issue will be fixed on our latest version Essential Studio 5.0.

Syncfusion Essential Studio 5.0 is completely compatible with Windows Vista. This version is slated to be released mid of March. Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

GB Gregory Beamer February 20, 2007 08:46 PM UTC

Is there info on what is currently compatible with Windows Vista?

>
Hi Gregory,

Syncfusion Essential Studio 4.4 is not completely compatible with Windows Vista. This issue will be fixed on our latest version Essential Studio 5.0.

Syncfusion Essential Studio 5.0 is completely compatible with Windows Vista. This version is slated to be released mid of March. Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 01:42 AM UTC

Hi Gregory,

I sent your request to our development team. I will update you the details in another 24hrs.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team February 23, 2007 10:09 PM UTC

Hi Gregory,

Our apologies for the delayed response.

We currently have some issues in Essential Studio version 4.4 with windows Vista. The problems rest with some general build utilities Assembly Manager, ReconfigureIIS, RestVisualStudio ToolBox utility in this version. Our next version Essential Studio 5.0, which is to be released mid of March, will have these issues fixed.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

JG John Guineau March 17, 2007 09:43 PM UTC

I installed 4.4.0.51 under Vista Ultimate.

When I run the "Browse Samples" application it crashes immediately.

My applications which use Essential Grid also crash immediatly on startup.

Any idea how to get Essential Grid up until 5.0 is out?

john

>
Hi Gregory,

Our apologies for the delayed response.

We currently have some issues in Essential Studio version 4.4 with windows Vista. The problems rest with some general build utilities Assembly Manager, ReconfigureIIS, RestVisualStudio ToolBox utility in this version. Our next version Essential Studio 5.0, which is to be released mid of March, will have these issues fixed.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team March 19, 2007 11:37 AM UTC

Hi John,

Could you please provide me the screenshot of the error?

Please provide us the details of the software that you use.

Kindly please try to create a new sample and run the sample and let me know you if you are facing the issue with the new sample too.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Ramu

JG John Guineau March 19, 2007 02:09 PM UTC

Hi Ramu,

The error is simply the standard Windows application error dialog, not a syncfusion specific error. I have since uninstalled syncfusion from my machine.

I need to continue working on customer software so I spent the weekend installing VirtualPC and Windows XP with VS.Net 2005 etc. NOT a good use of my time. I'm sorry but I do not have the time to troubleshoot it for you. Could you please try installing on Vista and let me know if/how you get it to work?

I also tried installing to a non- "Program Files" directory as suggested by other posts in these forums. Same problem: Sample Browser crashes immediately on start. Custom application that use Syncfusion crash immediately on startup.

Is 4.4.0.51 known to work on Vista?

When is 5.0 due out and will it be a free upgrade for customers with a support contract?

Of the dozens of applications I run under Vista, this is one of the 2 or 3 that do not work at all.

john

>Hi John,

Kindly please try to create a new sample and run the sample and let me know you if you are facing the issue with the new sample too.

Regards,
Ramu

JG John Guineau March 20, 2007 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Ramu,

Wow.

I just installed a clean copy of Windows XP, VS.Net 2005 all service packs and windows updates. Then I installed Syncfusion 4.4.0.51.

Sample Browser crashes immediately on startup.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : samplebrowser.exe P2 : 4.1.2525.2473
P3 : 456e78a3 P4 : samplebrowser P5 : 4.1.2525.2473 P6 : 456e78a3
P7 : b2 P8 : 4b P9 : system.io.filenotfoundexception

Looks like a "file not found" error crashing it. Any ideas?

I am dead in the water.

john

>Hi Ramu,

The error is simply the standard Windows application error dialog, not a syncfusion specific error. I have since uninstalled syncfusion from my machine.

I need to continue working on customer software so I spent the weekend installing VirtualPC and Windows XP with VS.Net 2005 etc. NOT a good use of my time. I'm sorry but I do not have the time to troubleshoot it for you. Could you please try installing on Vista and let me know if/how you get it to work?

I also tried installing to a non- "Program Files" directory as suggested by other posts in these forums. Same problem: Sample Browser crashes immediately on start. Custom application that use Syncfusion crash immediately on startup.

When is 5.0 due out and will it be a free upgrade for customers with a support contract?

Of the dozens of applications I run under Vista, this is one of the 2 or 3 that do not work at all.

john

>Hi John,

Regards,
Ramu

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 20, 2007 08:40 PM UTC

Hi John,

We apologize for the inconvenience. With Vista the only known issues for Windows Forms center around the fact that the Sample Browser, Assembly Manager and Build Manager write to the protected program files directory. We have not come across SampleBrowser problems when the install is to a regular folder that is not protected on Vista.

Did you install the full Studio or did you customize the installation to exclude components?

This has been changed with the new release (not yet made available). With your crash on startup is there any way we can obtain access to your machine? We can setup a Gotomeeting session and send you information if this will work for you. We can do the call at your convenience.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Daniel
danieljATSIGN.company_name.com
Syncfusion, Inc

>Hi Ramu,

Wow.

I just installed a clean copy of Windows XP, VS.Net 2005 all service packs and windows updates. Then I installed Syncfusion 4.4.0.51.

Sample Browser crashes immediately on startup.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : samplebrowser.exe P2 : 4.1.2525.2473
P3 : 456e78a3 P4 : samplebrowser P5 : 4.1.2525.2473 P6 : 456e78a3
P7 : b2 P8 : 4b P9 : system.io.filenotfoundexception

Looks like a "file not found" error crashing it. Any ideas?

I am dead in the water.

john

>Hi Ramu,

john

>Hi John,

Regards,
Ramu

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 12:55 PM UTC

Hi John,

Thanks for the update.

This occurs because of the installer error that, some of the dependencies of the sample browser application are not included in the pack during the build.

Could you please check the following assemblies under GAC or bin directory or .Net public assemblies.
(Syncfusion.Grid.Base.dll, Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll)

If not please execute the following syncfusionessentialstudio_samplebrowsersupporting.exe file.

http://www2.syncfusion.com/v4.4.0.51/private/syncfusionessentialstudio_samplebrowsersupporting.exe

Kindly try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 10:12 PM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for your email. I am posting the response here so that it may help others with the same problem.

Could you please check if the Syncfusion assemblies are properly installed in the correct locations?

Please follow the steps below to ensure the same manually.

1) Please check if you are able to find the Syncfusion assemblies in the pre-compiled assemblies folder.
${install_drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\precompiledassemblies\4.4.0.51\${your_frame_work}\

${install_drive} - Where you installed Syncfusion.
${your_frame_work} - The frame work of your choice - 1.0/1.1/2.0.

2) Please check if the Syncfusion assemblies are installed in the GAC,
${install_drive}:\Windows\Assembly

${install_drive} - Where you installed Windows.

3) Please check if the Syncfusion assemblies are installed in the 'Public Assemblies' folder.
${install_drive}:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\ - VS 2005
${install_drive}:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\ - VS 2003
${install_drive}:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\ - VS 2002

${install_drive} - Where you installed Visual Studio.

4) If the assemblies are not found in the public assemblies and in the GAC, just copy the assemblies from the pre-compiled assemblies folder and paste them in the public assemblies folder. Then select all the Syncfusion assemblies in the public assemblies folder, drag and drop them in the GAC. This drag and drop operation is to be done from all the public assemblies folders to ensure Syncfusion assemblies of all the frame work are copied to the GAC.

In order to run the Sample Browser application, you need the Syncfusion Grid and Syncfusion Tools assemblies to be installed in your GAC. If this is not present, then a 'file not found exception' will occur and the application will get crashed. To avoid this error, please install the service pack from the below location. This should fix this problem.

http://www2.syncfusion.com/v4.4.0.51/private/syncfusionessentialstudio_samplebrowsersupporting.exe

This should work for both the Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. For Windows Vista, you should be an administrator for the system.

Please try these steps and let me know if this helps. If this does not solves the issue, please let us know a convenient time for you to have a GoToMeeting - an online meeting, to discuss about this issue.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon