We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

AutoComplete: not shown after deleting prefilled text from textbox

Hi all,

I'm using a couple of textboxes with autocomplete. All working just fine, nicely autocompleting.
Now, when the value of one has changed, I have it's text copied to one of the other textboxes.
That's where troubles arise.
If the copied text is deleted (using del or backspace), autocomplete the dropdown is not shown when typing in the textbox.
If the copied text is selected and then typed over, autocomplete responds correctly showing a dropdown with values.

Do you have any ideas on why this is happening?
[I'm using v4.1.0.62]

Best regards

3 Replies

DV Dennis van Niel February 12, 2007 10:44 AM UTC

Additionally:
Once the textbox has autocompleted, it will keep doing so 'til the end of days. Even after deleting the text.

>Hi all,

I'm using a couple of textboxes with autocomplete. All working just fine, nicely autocompleting.
Now, when the value of one has changed, I have it's text copied to one of the other textboxes.
That's where troubles arise.
If the copied text is deleted (using del or backspace), autocomplete the dropdown is not shown when typing in the textbox.
If the copied text is selected and then typed over, autocomplete responds correctly showing a dropdown with values.

Do you have any ideas on why this is happening?
[I'm using v4.1.0.62]

Best regards

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 14, 2007 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Dennis,

I regret for the delayed response.

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issues you have raised here. I have created a sample to test this issue and it worked fine for me.

Please download the sample from the following location:
autocompletetest.zip

Could you please try running the attached sample and if still the problem exists, kindly try reproducing the issues with this sample and send it back to me so that it would help me to find out the cause of the issue.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Golda

DV Dennis van Niel February 16, 2007 03:06 PM UTC

Hi Golda,

No problem and thank you.
The sample you sent is running without any problem.

I managed to solve (or work around) it.

The autocomplete was implemented like this:
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=43858
Adding the DataSource when text was typed.

When i added a datasource during initialization of the component autocomplete behaves like it should.

Have a good weekend.

best regards

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon