We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Urgent problem: OpenXml fails with exception from DocIO generated XML!

Dear Sirs,

I'm using DocIO to generate a Word document, I then save the document to XML and try to open it with PdfLogicDocument.OpenXml ... this fails with an exception:

"Collection cannot serialize if Document property is NULL".

This is a pretty serious problem as it then seems that DocIO won't create comptatible XML for PDF.

Best Regards,
- Henrik Brinch, TriGemini

Resultat.zip

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 01:08 PM UTC

Hi TriGemini,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I was able to reproduce this issue with the sample provided by you. Thanks a lot for the sample.

Currently we do not have full support for this feature. We provide it as utility for those who own both the products. This can be used only for the converting "simple" word documents to PDF. It can not convert complex word documents.
with this I have attached the sample for your refernce that can convert word document to PDF

Please let me know whether this help you.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari

DocToPDF0.zip

HB Henrik Brinch February 9, 2007 03:35 PM UTC

Thanks for your reply.

A little disappointing as the word document isn't very complicated. Actually only header with image, text and tables (non-nested).

All that should be possible to generate with PDF but obviously not from a DocIO generated word document.

Is this a planned feature?

Btw. how often do you release updates?

Best Regards,
- Henrik Brinch

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2007 01:05 PM UTC

Hi TriGemini,

We do not have immediate plan for implementing this feature in the near future. However, we do have plans for implementing it in the future.

Regarding this issue,If possible could you please provide me your word document for our internal version verification. This may help me to investigate the issue further.

We will provide you exact release date by tomorrow.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari

HB Henrik Brinch February 13, 2007 10:44 AM UTC

Maybe you should remove the following text from the documentation:

"The latest version also introduces the capability to convert a MS Word document to PDF using Essential DocIO."

Because this is severly limited (or at leaste provide information on what that can't be converted).

I can of course live with the limitation that not all word documents can be converted - but at least DocIO generated documents should be able to be converted.

Best Regards,
- Henrik Brinch

HB Henrik Brinch February 13, 2007 10:46 AM UTC

Btw. is it in anyway possible to convert a DocIO document to HTML and then through HTML to PDF?

Best Regards,
- Henrik Brinch

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2007 03:47 AM UTC

Hi TriGemini,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We will make necessary changes in the documentation.

I am afraid that it is not possible to convert a DocIO document to HTML and then HTML to PDF.

Regarding release update:

1) An updated service pack every month.
2) Version 5.0 in the mid of march.
3) A new patch version is being prepared for 4.4 and will be available in before the end of next week.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari

HB Henrik Brinch February 20, 2007 07:02 AM UTC

Dear Sirs,

Where do I obtain service packs from? Because the download section states november 2006 for the latest version?

Best Regards,
- Henrik Brinc

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2007 11:34 AM UTC

Hi TriGemini,

We do not upload service packs in the Download Section. We ask our customers to open a Direct-Trac incident on this and we provide them the download link in that incident.

Could you please open a incident with regard to your request of service pack, so that it would helps us in providing the download link for the service pack to you.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Bset Regards,
Bhuvaneswari.

NP Neal Patel March 18, 2007 05:25 AM UTC

A Google search for the exception message led me to this thread.

Upon reading it, I thought I was out of luck. However, I was working with a Word document that was given to me. It's structure was also simple, a table and a few paragraphs.

Upon deleting this file and creating a new Word document from scratch, the Doc To Pdf process works.

I'm not sure if there were some artifacts in the Word document that was given to me that was causing a problem, but apparently, from recreating that same structure using a brand new Word file, I am able to use the Doc to Pdf process.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2007 11:29 PM UTC

Hi Neal,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am able to understand your issue. DocIO should be able to work with simple word documents like table and paragraphs, can you send me the sample file which causes the issue. So that I can make use of it for internal testing and try to reproduce the issue. Also it will be more helpful if you provide me details about the Essential Studio Version which reproduced the issue.

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,
Sarath

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon