We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cannot access bookmarks in existing PDF

When you open an existing PDF document, the PDFDocument.Bookmarks property is empty even though there are bookmarks in the document.

This is a bug. Please suggest a work-around.

Richard

2 Replies

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team February 5, 2007 02:00 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Currently we do not have support for reading existing bookmarks or add bookmarks to an existing PDF document. We can only create bookmarks using Essential PDF. However, we do have plans for implementing this feature[FR-1326] of reading bookmarks and retaining the bookmarks when merged, in the future.

Could you please let me know the scenario where you need to read the bookmark so that I can provide you an workaround if possible? As suggested in the previous thread, if you want to create bookmarks in an existing document, we have to add the contents to a new document and add bookmarks.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team February 24, 2009 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your patience.

We are glad to inform you that we have implemented the features reading an existing document, bookmarks and modify the bookmark content.

Please refers to the online documentation link to get more information:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_71/pdf/LoadDocument.html

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon