We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GenericDropdown with TreeView Control issue

Hi,

I have a ASP.NET page, with a GenericDropdown (TreeView inside) control and a dropdownlist box. When I click on the GenericDropdown control, I see the data as a treeview, which is good but I also see the dropdownlist box as part of the Treeview data.

Please see attached file for snapshots.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks!
Rekha

GenericDropDown.zip

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2007 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

As in your attached screenshot GenericDropDown's 'Popup Container' only gets rendered above the controls like DropDownList,ListBox. This is an issue and it has been forwarded to the Essential Tools.Web Development team and will update you the time frame within a week, as to when the fix will be available.

MeanWhile below is the sample which provides an work around for this issue. In this sample the DropDownList control visiblity is hidden by using the 'ClientSideOnPopupShown' method of the Generic DropDown Control . On selecting the TreeView nodes the 'ClientSideItemSelect' event of the TreeView node gets fired, which hides the Popup Container and make the DropDownListControl visible. This workaround works fine only when the TreeView node is selected, otherwise the 'DropDownList' control remains invisible, this happens in the case when the GenericDropDown Control is clicked twice without selecting the nodes of the TreeView control.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GenericDropDown-WithTreeView_14e37f95.zip

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Valli.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2007 02:25 PM UTC

Valli,

Thanks for a quick reply! I will try what you suggested. Please do post the solution as soon as this issue is resolved.

Rekha

>Hi Rekha,

As in your attached screenshot GenericDropDown's 'Popup Container' only gets rendered above the controls like DropDownList,ListBox. This is an issue and it has been forwarded to the Essential Tools.Web Development team and will update you the time frame within a week, as to when the fix will be available.

MeanWhile below is the sample which provides an work around for this issue. In this sample the DropDownList control visiblity is hidden by using the 'ClientSideOnPopupShown' method of the Generic DropDown Control . On selecting the TreeView nodes the 'ClientSideItemSelect' event of the TreeView node gets fired, which hides the Popup Container and make the DropDownListControl visible. This workaround works fine only when the TreeView node is selected, otherwise the 'DropDownList' control remains invisible, this happens in the case when the GenericDropDown Control is clicked twice without selecting the nodes of the TreeView control.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GenericDropDown-WithTreeView_14e37f95.zip

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Valli.

SS Suresh Sekarean Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 04:02 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

This issue is already fixed internally and the fix will be available in our next version which is possibly expected to release on March second week.

We regret for the inconvenience if any caused.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 15, 2007 06:45 PM UTC

Sureshsekaran,

Thank you for fixing this issue quickly and letting me know.

Regards,

Rekha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2007 06:00 PM UTC

Hi Sureshsekaran,

Is the fix available now?

Thanks,

Rekha

VA Valli Syncfusion Team March 16, 2007 08:08 AM UTC

Hi Monica,

The fix for this issue will be incorporated in our next release.

You can have a look at the release details from the following link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=57573

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Valli.

RM Rekha Mallavarapu April 23, 2007 04:24 PM UTC

Hi Valli,

Is the above issue taken care of in Release 5.1. I am not able to say based on the release notes.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Rekha

RM Rekha Mallavarapu April 26, 2007 12:16 PM UTC

Any Updates on this issue?

Thanks!!

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team April 26, 2007 03:35 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

My Strong apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

As we already mentioned, the issue "GenericDropDown's 'Popup Container' only gets rendered above the controls " has been fixed internally and it will incorporated in our 5.1 Release.

You can have a look at the release details from the link provided by us in our previous post.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon