We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

License Error in Windows Application

Hi,

I'm trying to reuse an existing code done in SyncFusion 4.3. Now I've license for SuncFusion 4.4. But when i try to open the files(done in v4.3) in the designer view SyncFusion is giving me an error saying "Unable to grant license for design time". I've tried the License Manager, License Enabler and Assembly Manager. In the License Manager utility is showing SyncFusion is working fine and shows all the vald licenses.

i've attached the error message for your reference. Please give me an early feed back.

Thanks in advance
Linson

ErrorMessage4.zip

5 Replies

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team January 17, 2007 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Linson,

Please uninstall the old version and install the new version of Essential Studio 4.4 with the key given to you.

Also could you please check if you have the key for 4.4 got installed in the License Manager?

1) Please get the license manager from,

Start --> All Programs --> Syncfusion --> Essential Studio 4.4.x.x --> Utilities --> License Manager.

2) Please remove the other keys from there, if found any.

We have placed a KnowledgeBase(the kb will be speaking of 4.2.x. It is also the same for 4.4.x), which will deliver some common ideas about the Syncfusion installation and some trouble shooting tips.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=35

Also please check that there is no older version of .dll present in both the GAC and in the public assemblies folder.

If you still find the same issue. Please provide us the unlock key and the details displayed in the Syncfusion licensing manager.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

LJ Linson Jose January 18, 2007 04:45 AM UTC

Dear Kumaresh,

Thank You very much for your reply. I'm attaching a file which shows the Error message. There it's mentioned that my license for v4 is installed and working fine. I checked the License Manager also. It says license is ok.

But i don't understand why it's showing about SyncFusion v3 in the error message. I've removed and re-installed the Assemblies using SyncFusion Assembly Manager utility. Also i checked the public assemblies folder, there all the files are of v4 only. The problem still persists.

I had an evaluation version of v4.4.0.51 earlier. Then i bought the license for the same. Then I uninstalled the application from my system. As I had the setup.exe for the same version I again installed but this time gave a valid key that I got from SyncFusion.

The code that I'm trying to build is done in SyncFusion v3.x.x.

I hope you got a complete picture of my problem,

Need an early reply,

Thanks,
Linson Jose

Licensing_Error.zip

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team January 18, 2007 09:07 AM UTC

Hi Linson,

Thanks for the update.

In the license diagonostics you have provided, please see that there is line as below,

ExecutingVersionInfo = Syncfusion.Core, Version=4.3.0.30, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4

So, it is clear that a wrong Syncfusion.Core assembly is picked up. So, please do the following.

1) Close the project. Delete the ''''bin'''' and ''''obj'''' folders in the project directory.

2) Rename or remove the C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies folder and the C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies folder, if found. This will avoid the false pickup of assemblies.

3) Open your project in the designer and and remove all the Syncfusion references. Re-add them from the public assemblies folder. Make sure they are of version v4.4. Set their CopyLocal property to false.

Could you please try this and let me if this helps.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

LJ Linson Jose January 18, 2007 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Kumaresh,

I'm still facing problems. As I said in the first comment, I am not able to see the designer view of the Windows Forms. The error messge I'm getting is attached. Please have a look.

If my current project(which uses SyncFusion v4.4)is referring to a .dll file which is created using another version of SyncFusion, say v4.3, I will get an error like this?

Please get back soon,
Thanks for your support,
Linson Jose

Error_Screen.zip

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Linson,

Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident in the following location for more information.

https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx

Also please provide me the screen shot of license manager and the details of eval key and license key in the Direct-Trac incident. This will really help us to sort out the problem.

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Kumaresh.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon