We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Load and save word document to database

Hi

Im do now own Syncfusion product, but i found u in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757

I have a specific request.
What I need is load word document from DB, but to some web based editor (activeX maybe) (or word in internet explorer), make some changes in document and save back to DB.

No save to web and upload via input box.

Tha a lot for answer
Pavel

11 Replies

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team January 17, 2007 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

We can load a document, make some changes to it using DocIO and save the document to database using streams[without saving the document]. However once it is opened in the browser it has to be saved somewhere after making changes to take that document and store it back to database.

Here are some samples:
Sample to load and save to database.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/SaveToDatabase_4b4f9d88.zip

Sample to save to database:
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/SaveToDatabase_1e4f0e88_b1c41c62.zip

Please take a look into the samples and let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

GM Gabi Münster May 4, 2007 08:39 AM UTC

Hi Dhivya,

I'd like to ask, if the examples mentioned above are still available, as the links don't work.

Regards,
Gabi

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team May 7, 2007 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Gabi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Herewith I have attached the sample for both loads the document from Database and save the document into the database.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/DocIO.Windows/F54716_1/main.htm

Please take a look into this and let me know if you have any other queries.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari.

MP Madri Pratap March 6, 2008 05:52 AM UTC

Hi Divya,
This is prathap, now m working currently on a webportal in Asp.net(c#)... we are using Syncfusion to display a word,excel,pdf in a browser without the support of microsoft office.........
my problem is m not able to display the word doc file or Excel file in the browser from database using sync fusion.......
plz provide a solution for this.....waiting for your reply........

MP Madri Pratap March 6, 2008 05:55 AM UTC

>Hi Divya,
This is prathap, m working currently on a webportal in Asp.net(c#)... we are using Syncfusion to display a word,excel,pdf in a browser without the support of microsoft office.........
my problem is m not able to display the word doc file or Excel file in the browser from database using sync fusion.......if i open from a local path its using Microsoft Office to display
plz provide a solution for this.....waiting for your reply........

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 7, 2008 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Prathap,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion products.

Retreive document from DataBase

Please download the sample from the below location to retrieve Excel, PDF and word document file.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/XlsIO.Web/6.1.0.34/F62711_1/main.htm

In our new PDF we don't have support for Reading feature. This will be availble in our next release. Now I have used our PDF legacy to open the existing PDF files.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

MP Madri Pratap March 11, 2008 05:33 AM UTC

Hi Divya,
This is prathap and im doing a webportal in Asp.net(C#).......
Actually we have to open a word document in a seperate browser without dependent of MS-Word...
so we afforded SyncFusion....
The thing is i can open the word document in a browser but without the support of MS-Word i cant open it in browser.....
if we uninstall the MS-office, i cant even open.....im getting the messagebox only with save option....but not withopen option...

one more problem....it runs in Internet Explorer and not in FireFox.....
Plz provide me a solution itz very urgent......
Waiting for your reply.......
Thank you....

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2008 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Prathap,

Thanks for the update.

1. Using our XlsIO and DocIO, we can create and edit the document without Office installed, but for viewing you must install any office version or word viewer.

2. I was not able to reproduce the Firebox issue, please let me know your Firebox version. We have tested this issue in the version 2.0.0.12.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

MP Madri Pratap March 20, 2008 08:40 AM UTC

hi,
i have a problem in loading a word document in a browser.....

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2008 03:46 AM UTC

Hi Prathap,

As we said early, we are not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please let me know whether you have installed any word viewer or not, if you don't have any word viewer then you couldn't load the document in browser. Please let me know if you still face the issue.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

SA sahithi June 12, 2012 05:47 AM UTC

Hi all..
I want to save the updated word document into database.For this i am returning the changed document content as an object from view and passing it to the controller.Now i need to convert this object into Syncfusion.DocIo.DLS WordDocument.I perfomed various casting techniques but failed to get the doc object.
Could any one please provide me any sample or examples.
Thanks & Regards
-Sahithi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon