We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

PDF conversion

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

54243 Jan 4,2007 12:50 PM UTC Jan 8,2007 11:01 AM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: XlsIO
Giancarlo Aguilera
Asked On January 4, 2007 12:50 PM UTC

Hi All!

We are currently using a specific reporting tool from a specific vendor. The tool is great at what it does, however, because of the requirement to export to excel some of the more complex reports (EXACT export), and because the tool has no support for this, I was able to convince management to abandon this tool and use XLSIO as the reporting tool. So far so good, however, one thing about this other tool is that although it has no excel export feature, it does have an excellent pdf export feature that involves two lines of code. Now if I use XLSIO and end up with an excel file (one worksheet per report page), my question is, do you guys have anything I can use that given an excel file will produce a good pdf export? If not, do you guys know of any good tools? Basically, if I use XLSIO as the reporting tool but have to write a bunch of code to generate corresponding pdf versions of the reports, then I'm in the same boat as I am now, only that now I have to write a bunch of code to create excel versions of the report.

Thanks

GA

Melba Winshia [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 5, 2007 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Ga,

Excel to PDF was only intended to be a useful utility class for customers who own the studio and needed to perform simple conversions. The functionality is still in beta stages and is not advisable to use in an environment where complex excel documents need to be converted to PDF. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Giancarlo Aguilera
Replied On January 5, 2007 04:01 PM UTC

First and foremost, thanks for the response!

I do have essential studio.

So then you guys do have something, right??? I know it's in beta but do you guys have a preview I can peek at? Any time frame???

Thanks

GA

Melba Winshia [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 8, 2007 11:01 AM UTC

Hi GA,

The conversion of Excel to PDF would take place in the following stages

1) XlsIO reads the spreadsheet and serializes to an XML format.

workbook.SaveAsXml( "Sample.xml", ExcelXmlSaveType.DLS );

2) Its will be read by Essential PDF which produces the PDF file.

pdflDoc.OpenXml("Sample.xml");

Here is the sample for your reference:

rel='nofollow' href="http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ExcelToPDF_4fcd3a7d.zip">ExcelToPDF.zip

Note:
-----
The functionality is still in beta stages and is not advisable to use in an environment where complex excel documents need to be converted to PDF.

Could you please test this functionality and determine if it meets your requirements. Please let me know if you have any other questions

Best Regards,
Melba

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;