We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is the ''Whitespace'' format required in the list of formats for a custom syntax language?

All the samples have this... do I need it for any reason (internal processing) or is this skip-able? Are there any others 'required' by the edit control? The assumption is that we'll have only one default language and I'm telling the control not to load any 'default' configurations to speed up loading.

Thanks.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2006 06:55 AM UTC

Hi David,

Our apologies for the delayed response. The Whitespace format is required to display the Intellisense features correctly. The formats CollapsedText, ImageProcessor and SelectedText are not required by the EditControl.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

DU David Union December 28, 2006 08:30 PM UTC

Is the type 'Text' needed? Are there any other required types needed for our parsing to work right? We want to minimize the list outside the 'special' ones we define.

Thanks,

>Hi David,

Our apologies for the delayed response. The Whitespace format is required to display the Intellisense features correctly. The formats CollapsedText, ImageProcessor and SelectedText are not required by the EditControl.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2007 01:41 PM UTC

Hi David,

Our apologies for the delayed response. The Whitespace format is required, 'Text' and other formats are not required for parsing to work correctly. Let me know if you need any other information.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon