We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Install of Studio 4.4 causes hang on Vista

Installing v4.4 on the RTM version of Vista causes the installer to hang when it is configuring the ASP.NET applications. the inetinfo process spikes to 100%. I let it run for an hour before I killed it. I ran the syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe as an administrator by right clicking the exe and selecting run as administrator.

7 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 4, 2006 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Carlos,

I regret for the delay in getting back to you.

We are working on this issue. I will update you in the next 48 hours.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 16, 2006 11:04 AM UTC

I'm also running 4.4 under Vista. I run as a Standard User. The samples do not run under this configuration because they are located under Program Files (which only has administrator access).

I don't want to run as administrator.

While issuing the new patch, could you please take a look at this issue as well please?

Thanks
Jeremy Holt

>
Hi Carlos,

I regret for the delay in getting back to you.

We are working on this issue. I will update you in the next 48 hours.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 04:26 PM UTC

Hi,

I regret for the long delay in getting back to you.

We are working on the issue regarding the inetinfo process spiking. Our Engineer will update you in the next 48 hours.

For the samples donot run under the Standard User issue, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I have forwarded this to our Install team and they will fix it for the next patch.

Thank you for your patience and co-operation.

Regards,
Nanda

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team December 22, 2006 06:20 AM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Our apologies for the delayed response.

We are working on this issue. This issue will be fixed on next service pack version of Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Thanks once again for your cooperation and continued support.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team December 22, 2006 12:10 PM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Could you please do the following steps in order to run the samples as a standard user.

1. First Uninstall the Syncfusion Essential Studio.

2. Install Syncfusion Essential Studio again in some other locations (Not in Program Files).

3. Please remove all the Syncfusion assemblies and the policy files from the following public assemblies folder,
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - Visual Studio .NET 2002
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - Visual Studio .NET 2003
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies - Visual Studio .NET 2005

4. Please remove the Syncfusion assemblies installed in the GAC,
C:\Windows\Assembly\

5. Create a new directory named Assemblies under \Syncfusion\Essential Studio folder.

6. Copy the Precompiled Assemblies from \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\Precompiledassemblies\4.4.0.51 and Paste into Assemblies folder.

7. Drag and drop the Syncfusion assemblies (.dll files only) from the following folders into the GAC

\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.0
\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1
\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\2.0

Could you please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team December 24, 2006 07:52 AM UTC

Hi Kumaresh,

Thanks for your feedback.

The immediate solution to running the samples under Vista, is to run Visual Studio as Administrator, and then File|Open|Project Solution, and then copy in the path of the project.sln.

I have found with my own applications, that simply installing the user files (in this case the samples) in User's Personal Data Folder, or some Common Folder that is not under Program Files is enough to allow the user to run with Standard authority.

I do apologise, but I really do not have the time to follow your request in your email.

There is another issue with VS 2005/ASP.Net under IIS 7.0 that has nothing to do with Syncfusion, but I guess will give you and your users a major headache which seems to be the inability to debug an application from within the IDE when authentication is set to Forms. IIS requires Windows Authentication, yet IIS 7.0 will not allow you to have both Windows and Forms. Should you find a solution to this problem, please let me know, because I have had to suspend development of ASP.Net applications until Microsoft come up with something.

Best wishes for the holiday season.

Regards
Jeremy

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team December 26, 2006 05:52 AM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

We are looking into this and will get back to you soon.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon