We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Exception in Grid logic

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

52410 Nov 28,2006 07:14 AM Dec 6,2006 04:38 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Bill Langlais
Asked On November 28, 2006 07:14 AM

HI,

I am getting an excpeption in the grid logic when I to expand the grid below a certain level. Here is the error:

Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.SortColumnDescriptorCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTable.CreateTableCellIdentity(Element element, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTable.CreateTableCellStyle(Element element, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTable.GetTableCellStyle(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.GetTableViewStyleInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.GetViewStyleInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, Boolean forceQueryCellInfo)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.GetViewStyleInfo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.GetCellRenderer(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.ClickCellsHitTestInfo..ctor(GridControlBase grid, MouseEventArgs e, IMouseController controller)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableClickCellsMouseController.HitTest(MouseEventArgs e, IMouseController controller)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MouseControllerDispatcher.HitTest(Point point, MouseButtons mouseButton, Int32 clicks, IMouseController& controller)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.HitTest(Point point, MouseButtons mouseButton)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControlCellRenderer.OnHitTest(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, MouseEventArgs e, IMouseController controller)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererBase.RaiseHitTest(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, MouseEventArgs mouseEventArgs, IMouseController controller)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.ClickCellsHitTestInfo..ctor(GridControlBase grid, MouseEventArgs e, IMouseController controller)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableClickCellsMouseController.HitTest(MouseEventArgs e, IMouseController controller)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MouseControllerDispatcher.HitTest(Point point, MouseButtons mouseButton, Int32 clicks, IMouseController& controller)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.HitTest(Point point, MouseButtons mouseButton)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControlCellRenderer.OnHitTest(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, MouseEventArgs e, IMouseController controller)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererBase.RaiseHitTest(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, MouseEventArgs mouseEventArgs, IMouseController controller)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MouseControllerDispatcher.ProcessMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControllMouseControllerDispatcher.ScrollControlMouseMoveHandled(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.OnScrollControlHandledMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SkiTrack
Assembly Version: 1.0.2522.38430
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///c:/Documents%20and%20Settings/BillLanglais.PERCUSSION_NT/My%20Documents/Visual%20Studio%20Projects/SkiTrack/Debug/SkiTrack.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping.Windows
Assembly Version: 4.201.0.37
Win32 Version: 4.201.0.37
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/syncfusion.grid.grouping.windows/4.201.0.37__3d67ed1f87d44c89/syncfusion.grid.grouping.windows.dll
Syncfusion.Grouping.Base
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/syncfusion.grouping.base/4.201.0.37__3d67ed1f87d44c89/syncfusion.grouping.base.dll
Syncfusion.Core
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/syncfusion.core/4.201.0.37__632609b4d040f6b4/syncfusion.core.dll
Syncfusion.Grid.Windows
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/syncfusion.grid.windows/4.201.0.37__3d67ed1f87d44c89/syncfusion.grid.windows.dll
Syncfusion.Shared.Base
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/syncfusion.shared.base/4.201.0.37__3d67ed1f87d44c89/syncfusion.shared.base.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Thanks, WJL

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 29, 2006 04:09 AM

Hi Bill,

We were not able to reproduce the issue here. Is it possible for you to upload us more details/ sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Here is a sample.
GGCHierarchicalTable.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

Bill Langlais
Replied On November 29, 2006 10:48 PM

Hi,

I would have to give you my whole application because it only happens in a specific scenerio. I can work arround it by forcing the scenerio not to happen.

It seems to have something to do with how the grid is initialized. Once I get past a certain point it will not happen.

What I do is build a heirachy from five related tables. I poulat the data in tables 1, 2 and 3. If I then poulat 4 & 5 and then try to expend everything works fine. But if I populate 1, 2 & 3 and try expanding to the third level it comes up blank even thoug there is data at that level.

If this decription helps at all let me know.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 6, 2006 04:38 AM

Hi Bill,

Without a working sample, it is tough to guess what is going wrong. Hence I would strongly encourage you to prepare a small sample just to show the issue, so that we could debug it here. That would help us quicker identify the problem.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Haneef

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;