We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem with CellType = Currency or NumericUpDown when value = DBNull

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with the GridGroupingControl when I try to set some GridColumnDescriptors like this:

or

I bind a typed dataset to it and everything works great. Until I have a row where the value for one of those cells is not set (DBNull): when I click the row to edit it, the statusbar says "Refreshing...", but nothing happens.

For now, I have set all DBNull-values to 0, but that's a very bad solution for me. Is there another way to fix this?

Bart

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 24, 2006 11:09 AM UTC

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with the GridGroupingControl when I try to set some GridColumnDescriptors like this:

or

I bind a typed dataset to it and everything works great. Until I have a row where the value for one of those cells is not set (DBNull): when I click the row to edit it, the statusbar says "Refreshing...", but nothing happens.

For now, I have set all DBNull-values to 0, but that's a very bad solution for me. Is there another way to fix this?

Bart

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 25, 2006 12:57 AM UTC

Hi Bart,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, This is confirmed as a bug and we have filed a bug in our Defect tracking system, you can have a look at the progress here

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=918

Thankyou for your interest in syncfusion products.

Thanks
Siva

BC Bart Coppens November 25, 2006 02:36 PM UTC

Hi Siva,

That doesn't look as the same problem to me. The bug you are talking about is about the DateTimeTextBox and I'm talking about the Currency and NumericUpDown...

Thanx,

Bart

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 27, 2006 12:08 AM UTC

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the note, I think all our Editors controls might have this issue. we will look in to this a bit more and will get back to you, as soon as possible

Thanks,
Siva

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 27, 2006 04:35 AM UTC

Hi Bart,

We have reported this as a Bug in our Defect tracking System, and you can view its progress here:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2862

We will fix this issue in a months time

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Siva

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon