We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Pictures in Word templates

Hello,

I try to use DocIO to execute a MailMerge. I use Word templates (.doc). My data are well merged, but if there is a picture in my template, it doesn't appear OR there is a small square next to it ?

Thanks

Lucie

16 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 17, 2006 09:52 AM UTC

Ihave the same problem

my templates include some picture that does not appear anymore in the document after modifying it with docIo...

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team November 17, 2006 01:27 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

We have some issues with invisible pictures in Word2000 which have been addressed already. Can you please provide me the version of Essential studio and Office version you are using? This will help me investigating further on this issue.

Regards,
Dhivya.

LU Lucie November 17, 2006 02:23 PM UTC

Hi,

My versions are Essential Studio Enterprise 4.3.0.32 and Word 2003

Thanks

Lucie

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2006 07:45 AM UTC

Word 2000 and Essential Studio 4.3.0.30

>Hi,

We have some issues with invisible pictures in Word2000 which have been addressed already. Can you please provide me the version of Essential studio and Office version you are using? This will help me investigating further on this issue.

Regards,
Dhivya.

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team November 20, 2006 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Vigj,

I was able to reproduce the issue with Word2000. This issue is addressed already has been fixed internally. Could you please create an direct trac incident so that I can provide you with the preview version.

Regards,
Dhivya.

>Word 2000 and Essential Studio 4.3.0.30

>Hi,

Regards,
Dhivya.

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team November 20, 2006 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Lucie,

I am afraid. I am unable to reproduce the issue with word 2003.
Could you please refer the sample at the following url
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\Windows\DocIO.Windows\Samples\Mailmerge\EmployeeReport

You can find the Northwind logo image in the template document and merged images to be rendered in the word document.

Could you please provide me your sample template so that I can reproduce the issue? This will help me investigating further on this issue.

Regards,
Dhivya.

>Hi,

My versions are Essential Studio Enterprise 4.3.0.32 and Word 2003

Thanks

Lucie

LU Lucie November 21, 2006 08:37 AM UTC

Hi,

I give you the examples : with the first, I can see my pictures, but there are little squares next to them. With the second, I can't see my pictures at all.

Thanks

Templates0.zip

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team November 21, 2006 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Lucie,

Thanks for the template documents. I was able to reproduce the issue with the given template files. However, this issue is fixed internally. Can you please create an Direct trac incident so that I can provide you with the preview version with the fix of this issue.

Regards,
Dhivya.

LU Lucie November 21, 2006 10:56 AM UTC

We've made several test and we have some observation which seem to be important.

If I save the generated doc file on my disk, I open it with my Word 2003, I can see the little squares. If I update the file (write a letter for example) and save it, it goes nothing .... BUT if I update the file (write a letter for example) with the Microsoft Script Editor and save the file : all the squares dissappear !

The same tests have been made with Word XP and we've got the same results !!!!

So we think that it is possible that the merging has added tags that can't be read by our Word ?

LU Lucie November 21, 2006 10:57 AM UTC

ok

>Hi Lucie,

Thanks for the template documents. I was able to reproduce the issue with the given template files. However, this issue is fixed internally. Can you please create an Direct trac incident so that I can provide you with the preview version with the fix of this issue.

Regards,
Dhivya.

LU Lucie November 21, 2006 11:12 AM UTC

done

>Hi Lucie,

Regards,
Dhivya.

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team November 22, 2006 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Lucie,

Thanks for all your efforts and instant updates. Thanks for creating incident. I have updated you in incident.

Regards,
Dhivya.

LU Lucie November 23, 2006 11:44 AM UTC

Hello

It works great for me now !

Thanks a lot !

Lucie

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team November 24, 2006 04:54 AM UTC

Hi Lucie,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that it works fine. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Dhivya.

TS Teddy Smith February 12, 2007 10:46 AM UTC

Hi,

I have the same problem.
Could you please provide the patch?

Thank you,
Jonathan

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 12, 2007 01:49 PM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident regarding this so that I can provide you with a preview version which includes the fix.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon