We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Null values in GridGroupingControl dates

Hi,

I'm using a GridGroupingControl, and a couple of my columns are set up to display dates, with a CellType of "MonthCalendar" for easier editing.

The problem is that in some situations I'm supposed to set the data field to null, which is allowed in the database. When I do that, however, and then click in that field on the grid, I briefly see the calendar control, and then my whole application disappears, but is still running in the background. No exception is thrown, or at least none that I can see.

Is this a known bug, or am I not supposed to set the underlying value to null? If the latter, how can I get the display to remain blank, and what kind of data value can I expect to see in the underlying field?

Thanks,
Michael Lorenz

2 Replies

ML Michael Lorenz October 17, 2006 06:50 PM UTC

Forgot to mention that I'm running .NET 1.1 and Syncfusion 4.3.0.30. Is the problem basically that DateTime is not nullable?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2006 09:17 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for being patience. The following is the sample which demonstrates the GridGroupingControl column with MonthCalender celltype without any issues. Is it possible for you to upload us more details or modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue here? So we can debug the issue as early as possible.

Sample : GGC_MonthCalenderIssue

Thanks for your interest in our products and for your time.

Best regards,
Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon