We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grouping in ChildTables

Hi,
i''ve set up a hierarchical datasource with a StronglyTypedCollection as shown in your examples and bound it to a GridGrouingWeb-Control.
The parenttable and the childtables are displayed correctly, but I only have a groupingarea for the parenttable and the headers in the childtables are locked, so that you can''t drag them.

How can I enable grouping for the childtables and allow columns of childtables to be sorted by clicking on the colheader?
I''ve tried all possible Properties now, but I can only resize columns of childtables.

Another question: why does the last row of the table dissapear, when paging is enabled (pagesize >=2*record size) and I group by any column? If I change the sort order of the grouping-column, the last record is shown but the first one is missing now.

Regards,
Christian

14 Replies

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team October 5, 2006 11:54 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Regarding the last row of the table disappearing, when paging is enabled, Could you please update us if you are able to see them at the Next page?.

Regarding the child table issue, Can you please update us the sample you are using as Reference?.

Let us know if you are able to reproduce the same issue in the ''Hierarchial Sample'' that ships with our Essential Grid Install

You can view this sample under the following location

{InstalledLocation}\Web\grid.grouping.web\Samples\2.0\Hierarchies\HierarchySample

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2006 07:54 AM UTC

Hi,
I''ve attached a few screenshot of the paging problem. As there is now next page, I cannot go to next/previous page, where the other record might be shown.

I''m referring to the example in ''4.3.0.30\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\StrongTypedCollection''

Regards,
Christian

grouping1.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2006 09:16 AM UTC

I''ve had a look at the hierarchy example and there you manualy add every table of the different levels to the ''GridGroupingControl1.Engine.SourceListSet''. Do I have to do this also with the StronglyTypedCollection as DataSource? If yes, how can I do this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2006 02:28 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

We are looking in to this and will get back to you soon

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2006 10:55 PM UTC

Hi Christian

I have attached a sample which is very similar to the StronglyTyped Collection sample in windows.

Please download the sample by clicking the link below, and do let us know if you are able to reprouce the error in this sample.

StronglyTypedGrid.zip

I think, you might have missed adding the Subsequent levels code in your application.

ThankYou, for using Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 10, 2006 08:26 AM UTC

Hello,
the sample contains exactly the same code I''am using in my own application and it works exactly the same, the only difference is that I got an error (NullReferenceException) in GridGoup.cs in line 1352 in your example:

- all the tables of the different levels are ok, but I can only drag&drop columnheaders of the root table to the GroupDropArea on top of the table. For the child-(nested-)tables there are no GroupDropAreas at all when the page comes up. It also not possible to sort the childtables.
(I''ve changed my application now, so that my datasources are DataTables and it''s working as I excpect it, but I would prefer to use Lists)

- When I group the roottable by ''ID'' one of the two rows disappears, so that only one row is visible now. When I change the sort order, the other row is shown and the first one dissapears. As there is no paging used in your example it''s obviously not a problem of the paging.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 10, 2006 08:26 AM UTC

Hello,
the sample contains exactly the same code I''am using in my own application and it works exactly the same, the only difference is that I got an error (NullReferenceException) in GridGoup.cs in line 1352 in your example:

- all the tables of the different levels are ok, but I can only drag&drop columnheaders of the root table to the GroupDropArea on top of the table. For the child-(nested-)tables there are no GroupDropAreas at all when the page comes up. It also not possible to sort the childtables.
(I''ve changed my application now, so that my datasources are DataTables and it''s working as I excpect it, but I would prefer to use Lists)

- When I group the roottable by ''ID'' one of the two rows disappears, so that only one row is visible now. When I change the sort order, the other row is shown and the first one dissapears. As there is no paging used in your example it''s obviously not a problem of the paging.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 12, 2006 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

We are looking in to this and will get back to you as soon as possible

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team October 16, 2006 05:31 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

I apologize for the delay. We will get back to you as soon as possible

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2006 10:07 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

The above two issues are confirmed as a bug , and you can track their progress, by clicking on the below links.

Not able to Sort or group when using Strong Tyed list for child levels

Last record not showing after grouping

Let us know if you need more info

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

FA Faulhaber October 20, 2006 08:55 AM UTC

Hello,

i've some other issues. In editmode are the input fields too wide and the columns are displaced. It doesn't matter if i use my own stylesheets, as seen in the attached screenshots.

And if i use in my own stylesheets for the cells 'padding-left:5px', a left border is displaced 5px. Look at screenshot grid_edit.png, the grey vertical bars in the column headers. The grey bar is also drawn over the input control in the editmode (the second input field).

Regards
Christian

grid_edit.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2006 10:02 PM UTC

Christian,

We could see this in our samples too, this might be a bug. We will look a bit more and get back to you.

Regards,
Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 2, 2006 06:50 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Sorry for the delayed response, We were testing this in more samples, and confirmed it as a bug and logged this as a bug in our Defect tracking system.

you can keep track of the progress of this issue Here-Bug ID #2961.

Thankyou for your patience.

Regards,
A.Sivakumar

SS Suresh Sekarean Syncfusion Team May 23, 2007 04:58 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

We regret for the delay.

The issue, While Editing the Grid row, the input fields are misplaced by the Cell Padding Size has been fixed and available in our latest version v5.1.0.51 which can be downloaded from the below link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Latest version includes many features such as Vista Support, Skin support,Data Catching Modes and improved Clientside Object Model.

For Unlock Key:

If you hold a Syncfusion license with a valid subscription, you can obtain your key for this version by visiting the "Download the latest versions" section within Direct-Trac and clicking on the appropriate key icon. If you are currently evaluating our products or considering renewing an expired subscription, please contact our sales team (salessupport@syncfusion.com) for the key and further details.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon