We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SaveDockState/LoadDockState does not work

I used the example code, that you provided at

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=36529

with release 4.2.0.60.

When I move docking windows or change their size, then quit the application and restart, the dock state is not restored. Perhaps it has never been saved.

Do you have an idea, why the above named example code seems not to work with 4.2.0.60?

Kind regards,
Mario

9 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team October 5, 2006 06:46 PM UTC

Hi Mario,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. There are some known issues in 4.2.0.60 regarding DockState persistance. The issues has been fixed in 4.2.0.61. Could you please create a DirectTrac incident to get the patch release.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Murugan P.S

MA Mario October 5, 2006 06:55 PM UTC

Why do I need to create an incident?

I mean, I have informed you about the problem using this thread and creating an incident forces me to tell the same story again, doesn''t it?

Can''t you just send me the patch download URL? Or, if you need an incident, would it be possible to create the incident yourself?

Regards, Mario

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team October 5, 2006 11:47 PM UTC

Hi Mario,

Please download the patch from the below link.

Download link:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/ServicePack/v4.2.0.61/syncfusionessentialstudiospsetup.exe

Unlock key:
You may use the same unlock key which you are using for 4.2.0.60

Please try this and let me know ,if this resolved your issue.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

MA Mario October 12, 2006 10:19 AM UTC

I am now working with 4.3.0.30 and it still does not work. The position and visible/hidden state of the docking windows is not restored on next startup of the app.

Regards, Mario

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team October 12, 2006 09:21 PM UTC

Hi Mario,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We were unable to reproduce the issue here. Please provide us a sample having this issue with reproducing steps. This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Murugan P.S

MA Mario October 16, 2006 12:10 AM UTC

As stated in my first post, I am using the example that you provided at

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=36529

I am just starting the application, closing some of the docking windows and change the position of others. When I restart the application, the docking windows are all at their old position. My changes have not been saved.

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team October 18, 2006 10:39 PM UTC

Hi Mario,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The sample that you have tested stores the dockstate in temporary memory stream. Dockstate is not stored in any file or database. Herewith I have attached the modified sample. Please go through the sample and let me know the results.
10809_memstream.zip

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

MA Mario October 28, 2006 05:04 PM UTC

Sorry, it still does not work.

I opened your modified example with 4.3.0.30 installed in Visual Studio.

Then started the application using F5, closed some docking windows and changed the position of others, then closed the app and restarted.

After the restart, all docking windows are still shown at their old position. My changes have not been saved.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2006 06:11 PM UTC

Thanks for your help. It works as expected now.

I did not click the "Save" menu item and expected the state to be saved on form close.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon