We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

License error with obfuscation

Hi

If I obfuscate the application I have built using EssentialEdit license error messages pop up at runtime, this does not happen before obfuscation.

I have a fully licensed copy and this is a major issue as it is holding up shipping of the product.

Regards Bruce

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 6, 2006 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Bruce,

I have tested for this issue using the Spices.Net Obfuscator tool and a sample application that uses EditControl v4.2.0.37 and was not able to see the problem.

Could you please let me know the version of Essential Studio used in the application and the tool that was used for obfuscating the application.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 10, 2006 11:47 PM UTC

hi the Obfuscator is made by RemoteSoft the version of essential edit is 4.2.0.37

Cheers Bruce

>Hi Bruce,

I have tested for this issue using the Spices.Net Obfuscator tool and a sample application that uses EditControl v4.2.0.37 and was not able to see the problem.

Could you please let me know the version of Essential Studio used in the application and the tool that was used for obfuscating the application.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 11, 2006 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Bruce,

Our apologies for the delayed response and thanks for the update. I have tested for this issue using Remotesoft .NET Obfuscator and was able to see the problem. I have consulted the installation team regarding this and will get back to you in two days.

Regards,
Manohari.R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2006 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Bruce,

Our apologies for the delayed response. After further investigating this issue, we found that when the ApplicationName.licenses file in the obfuscator is mapped to the application name, the problem is resolved. Please follow the steps given in the attached screenshots to resolve this problem.
Screenshots and sample

Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

Regards,
Manohari.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon