We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Strange problem in menus

Hi there,

I''m using the Syncfusion menus in my project, and have run into a problem while doing some memory profiling on the application.

It seems that somehow a bar item has a reference to and event handler which somehow has a reference to an object in my data model. This is stopping the data model from being garbage collected. The bar item in question is in the MdiParent form, but has the text of a bar item in the child forms. I can only assume this is some copy object used to handle menu merging.

Is there anyway to clear up all hidden objects like this so that we can dispose our model?

Cheers,
TERRY ROSSOW

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2006 05:15 AM UTC

Hi Terry,

I have forwarded this issue to our Menu support team engineer. You will get an update regarding this shortly.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.
Regards,
Haneef

TR Terence Rossow September 11, 2006 12:31 AM UTC

Hi,

Any progress with this issue?

Cheers,
TERRY ROSSOW

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team September 11, 2006 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Terry,

My sincere apologises for the delay in getting back to you. Are you using RegisterMdiChildTypes in your application? If so, please try unregistering in the form_closing event.

Also, please let me know the Essential Studio version you are using?

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Mano

TR Terence Rossow October 25, 2006 11:25 PM UTC

We were using RegisterMdiChildTypes, but are no longer doing so.

The version we are using is 4.2.0.37.

Cheers,
TERRY

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team October 27, 2006 01:00 AM UTC

Hi Terry,

We were able to see the issue when profiling a sample created using Syncfusion version 4.2.0.37.

The memory leak issue is fixed in the latest source and the fix will be included in the next release to be released shortly.

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Purusothaman.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon