We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drag and Drop Symbols

Drag and Drop Symbols

I have a custom symbol with a user control inside of it, the symbol represents a group and the user controls shows a count of the number of children contained inside of it. I want to be able to drag other symbols into this group symbol and have them added to my internal control. The user control itself does not receive any drag drop events, nor does the symbol itself.

My question is what is the best way to find out the equivalent of a drag enter event on a symbol? Can I do this at the symbol level or do I have to use the diagram object itself?

Thanks,
Darren Mombourquette

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 30, 2006 02:08 PM UTC

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion.

I am working on this issue and I will provide you with a solution to the issue within a day or two.

Thanks,
Ramya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 4, 2006 01:48 PM UTC

Hi Darren,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The NodeMouseEnter Event can be used as an equivalent to DragEnter Event.

With regard to your issue of adding symbols to the internal control,could you please let me know whether it is a UserControl placed inside a symbol or the ControlNode.ControlNode has the capability to host Windows.Forms controls on a diagram.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon