We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TabbedGroupedMDIManager/MDITabPanel & SwitchPagesForDialogKeys

Hi,

Is there something wrong in the way I am disabling the keys for switching tab pages with the TabbedGroupedMDIManager?

I set the "SwitchPagesForDialogKeys" to false for my MDITabPanel. But I can still use "Ctrl+Tab" and "Shift+Ctrl+Tab" to switch the outer tab pages.

Our application has a fairly complicated tabbed structure, I have sort of re-created it here. Essentially the TabbedGroupedMDIManager houses the outer tabs, each of those tabs is a form that contains a secondary TabControlAdv.

The end result is that on the inner tab pages we want to use the "Ctrl+Tab" and "Shift+Ctrl+Tab" for a different purpose. Currently the "TabbedGroupedMDIManager" is consuming the key strokes, and there doesn''t seem to be anything I can do to handle those key commands in the textbox control on the sheet.

I have attached a sample that shows the issue. Basically when "Ctrl+Tab" is hit with focus in the textbox, it should put the text: "Ctrl+Tab" in there. Instead if simply changes the outer tab pages.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong with how to get the keyboard commands to be handled by the textbox.

Thank you!!

Jonathan

MDITabSample.zip

3 Replies

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team August 29, 2006 01:05 AM UTC

Hi Quail,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We tested the issue and we found that setting "SwitchPagesForDialogKeys" to false makes no effect.

We have created a
Bug Report
on this issue.

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Regards,
Purusothaman.R

JQ Jonathan Quail November 16, 2006 05:44 PM UTC

I was wondering if there was an update on this issue? The link to the "Bug Report" above no longer works, and I can't seem to find it in the list of known issues (open or closed).

Thanks,

Jonathan

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team November 16, 2006 07:48 PM UTC

Hi Quail,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This issue has been fixed in the latest version V4.4 and it will be released within a week.

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
S.Gopal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon