We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

What''s up with the samples?

So what''s up with the samples for diagrams? They are bug ridden and crash-happy. Everything seems hastily implemented and with no regards to if the sample even necessarily does what it is intended to show.

Most of the samples just crash after messing with them for a bit. Some don''t respond to anything in a way that makes sense, and none show the diagram control as being particular attractive or powerful.

Heck, even the layout examples (when they are not crashing) are sloooow to do their relayout (far too slow to be practical to use).

I''ve been with Syncfusion a long time now, but it just seems like the quality keeps slipping as it tries to add the features a competitor has without any regard to the quality of the implementation (see: Office 2007 Ribbon botch job).

Can we stop with the new feature arms war for a moment and get the existing ones working well first?

-- David

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 14, 2006 05:53 PM UTC

Hi David,

We apologies for the inconvenience caused if you have found out any problem while working with the Diagram samples. But it would be helpful for us if you can let us know your issue in particular with some more informations or some reproducing steps with any of the diagram samples. So that we can have a closer look into the problem and get it resolved soon.

Kindly let us know your queries regarding Essential Diagram. We will always be glad to assist with you.

We appreciate your support to Syncfusion products.

Thanks and Regards,
Meera.

DW David Whatley August 15, 2006 03:08 AM UTC

Well, the samples malfunction and crash at almost every turn, so hard to really document it all. Just have someone try them!

For example, run the Diagram Builder example. Drag two shapes out there. Then select one of the link tools, click on one shape (don''t let up on the mouse) just drag and let up on the next shape....
BLAMO... "System Error..." crashes.

The problem is the "correct" way to connect two shapes is you click one then the other... presumably the programmer/tester did it "right" everytime and didn''t notice.

But if I take four shapes and connec them with lines, and set their LineROutingEnabled and LineBridgingEnabled to true, the lines neither rout around objects nor bridge over other lines as those properties imply (maybe not using them right, but I can''t figure out why).

Also if I move a shape, the lines stay anchored to their ports but it takes like 4 or 5 seconds for the move to "complete" which is amazingly slow for such a simple diagram, don''t you think?

-- David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 16, 2006 08:43 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your detailed information.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issues you have mentioned here.I have tested the above listed issues with the Diagram Builder sample and my application is working fine for me as expected.

In regard to the LinkTool dragging over the symbol issue, I have attached the sample images for your reference.Please refer the attached folder.

Regarding the LineRouting and LineBridging issue, you can find link lines route around the nodes for the orthogonalLinks.The standard routing strategies can be modified by sub classing the default line router to suit your requirements. Please refer the following link to get an idea on this feature.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Products/features.aspx?t=589

Also,with the symbol movement issue , the connected symbol gets moved quickly.Could you please let us know the version you are using ,since we were not able to reproduce the issues with the latest version samples?.

Please do contact us if you need any further assistance.Thank you for all your efforts.

Regards,
Praveena

SampleImages0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon