We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Symbol Background Image and RadialTreeLayout question

Hi,

I have two questions that are related to SyncFusion Diagram:

1. Is it possible to have an image as the background for a symbol? In another word, I want that symbol to "look" as if it was the image.

2. I am currently using the RadialTreeLayout for an application. However, after adding all the symbols and links (among the symbols), updating the diagram results in overlapping area where symbols are stacked up on each other. I''ve tried to change the paramters in the constructor of RadialTreeLayoutManager (...) but it doest solve the problem.

Many thanks!

2 Replies

TH Tien Hoang August 10, 2006 03:03 PM UTC

I''ve found an answer to my first questiong using the BitmapNode data structure.

Thanks to the detailed online documentation of Essential Studio!

>Hi,

I have two questions that are related to SyncFusion Diagram:

1. Is it possible to have an image as the background for a symbol? In another word, I want that symbol to "look" as if it was the image.

2. I am currently using the RadialTreeLayout for an application. However, after adding all the symbols and links (among the symbols), updating the diagram results in overlapping area where symbols are stacked up on each other. I''ve tried to change the paramters in the constructor of RadialTreeLayoutManager (...) but it doest solve the problem.

Many thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2006 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Hoang,

Thank you for the update.

Good to hear that you got resolved with the issue regarding creating a symbol with images.Please do contact us if you find any difficulties in working with BitmapNodes.

With regard to the RadialLayout issue, you can control the overlapping of nodes by changing the bounds of the Layout that you have built.For your reference you can look into the ChangingDirection sample ( diagram.web\Samples\1.1\LayoutManagers\ChangingDirection ) in which we can view different layout configurations by selecting the required option , and clicking the Apply button.In the sample even if the Height/Width of the Layout is reduced the nodes doesn''t get loaded over each other. Kindly, refer the sample.

If I am wrong in getting your requirements could you please provide us a sample that demonstrates the issue?

Please let us know if you have any further queries, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,
Praveena.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon