We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DocIO and Word Templates

Hi,

i''m currently evaluating your DocIO and XlsIO products. Can you please let me know if the functionality I need is supported in any way:

I am exporting a word document (which works fine with docIO) and this document is based on a document that resides on the web-server. The document on the webserver has its "templatepath" property set. The template (.dot) file doesn''t exist on the server, but it exists on every user''s machine in a standard location. The idea is that they export a document from the web application (based on the one on the webserver), choose to open it and the document opens with all the correct styles according to the template that can now be found.

This works fine with SoftArtisan''s OfficeWriter, but I''d rather purchase your product.

With DocIO the template settings of the exported document seem to get lost even though the document i''m exporting is based on the document on the server, that has these settings set.

Is this intended, or a bug, or just a lack of functionality?

I''d rather this worked so that the users don''t have to manually attach the template (.dot) file once they''ve exported.

Or is there another work-around?

2 Replies

DD Dominic Donald August 9, 2006 10:45 AM UTC

I should also say that i tried setting the template path:

"Doc.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Template = PPDConfig.TemplatePath"

but that didn''t seem to do anything - the documentation doesn''t seem to cover this property and the template of the exported file is set to "Normal" (as by default).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2006 11:50 PM UTC

Hi Dominic,

I have updated your incident #27454 in this regard. I request you to follow up with Direct - Trac regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Prabhu.

>Hi,

i''m currently evaluating your DocIO and XlsIO products. Can you please let me know if the functionality I need is supported in any way:

I am exporting a word document (which works fine with docIO) and this document is based on a document that resides on the web-server. The document on the webserver has its "templatepath" property set. The template (.dot) file doesn''t exist on the server, but it exists on every user''s machine in a standard location. The idea is that they export a document from the web application (based on the one on the webserver), choose to open it and the document opens with all the correct styles according to the template that can now be found.

This works fine with SoftArtisan''s OfficeWriter, but I''d rather purchase your product.

With DocIO the template settings of the exported document seem to get lost even though the document i''m exporting is based on the document on the server, that has these settings set.

Is this intended, or a bug, or just a lack of functionality?

I''d rather this worked so that the users don''t have to manually attach the template (.dot) file once they''ve exported.

Or is there another work-around?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon