We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Docking Manager Help

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

47467 Aug 4,2006 12:19 PM Nov 16,2006 03:22 PM Windows Forms 6
Tags: Tools
Jonathan Quail
Asked On August 4, 2006 12:19 PM

Hi,

I have a question about the Docking Manager.

First off, let me explain what we are trying to do - we want to give our users some feedback/help on the use of the new docking manager in our system.

To do this, we have a Splash Panel that acts as notification, it appears when they start to drag one of the panels - giving them instructions on how to dock it etc.

I tapped into the DragFeedbackStart and DragFeedbackStop events since they seemed to be the only ones that would allow our behaivor.

Unfortunately when I use these events, my help panel also appears when the user drags the docked panel''s slider (so resizing it).

I have put together a sample and attached it. You can observe what we want to do when you drag a panel in and out of docked state. And if you then click and drag the panel''s edge, to resize it, the help panel also appears.

Is there any way to stop it from appearing when it is resized (so when they drag the slider)? Maybe there is a better event to show/hide the window in?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jonathan Quail

DockingManagerHelp.zip

Joy K George [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 4, 2006 09:53 PM

Hi Jonathan,

I was able to reproduce the issue.I will update you on monday with details.

Regards,
Joy

Replied On August 7, 2006 01:31 PM

Hi Jonathan,

I have informed our development team regarding this issue.We will try to address this as soon as possible.

Regards,
Joy

Replied On August 7, 2006 02:30 PM

Malarvizhi [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 10, 2006 10:28 AM

Hi Jonathan,

The Feature request 1136 has been implemented.Could you please create the direct trac incident to get the Latest patch.

Regards,
Malarvizhi.

Jonathan Quail
Replied On November 16, 2006 12:42 PM

Thank you for looking into this issue.

We have just updated to version 4.3.0.30 and the behavior I identified in my original post is still present. Was there a change made to the existing "DragFeedbackStart/DragFeedbackStop" events? Or was a new event introduced that would allow us to show our help window when a floating window is being dragged (as opposed to the current behavior where the window is also shown when you drag the splitter bar).

Thanks,

Jonathan

Murugan [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 16, 2006 03:22 PM

Hi Jonathan,

We really regret for this issue. We were able to reproduce the issue here. We have reopened the feature request( #1136 ). We will implement the feature soon and keep you informed.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Murugan P.S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;