We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Docking Window Crash If Closed A Certain Way

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

47092 Jul 27,2006 04:28 PM Jul 28,2006 07:47 PM Windows Forms 5
Tags: Tools
Robbe Morris
Asked On July 27, 2006 04:28 PM

I duplicated my issue in one of your samples. Please take a look at the attached sample to confirm if I''m doing something incorrectly.
(vs 2005)

After you launch the app, click the button to show Robbe''s control. It launches a user control with a toolstrip with a close button and a command button that says close. both call

Program.MDIDockingManager.SetDockVisibility(this, false);

The command button closes the control properly. The toolstrip button causes the app to crash with a warning about FloatForm and it disposing.

Interestingly enough, if you were to dock the user control and then make it float again prior to clicking the toolstrip close button, it won''t crash.

I''m hoping I''m missing something and would really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Robbe

DockingWindowBug_Robbe.zip

Malarvizhi [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 28, 2006 12:28 AM

Hi Robbe,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is a known issue in version 4.2.0.37.

Here is the link to track the issue.

Defect #2188 - Exception raising when we close application in VS2005

The issue has been resolved. Could you please open the Direct trac incident for obtaining latest version along with the fix.

Regards,
Malarvizhi.

Robbe Morris
Replied On July 28, 2006 10:31 AM

I signed into direct-trac and returned to the link you posted. There is only one url and it doesn''t appear to have any dlls in it.

Where is the fixed assembly?

Joy K George [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 28, 2006 11:40 AM

Hi Robbe,
The bug has been fixed very recently.Patch version is 4.2.0.61 and we released yesterday.Could you please let me know the incident ID which you created in order to get patch?

Regards,
Joy

Robbe Morris
Replied On July 28, 2006 01:06 PM

Incident id: 27268

I didn''t realize I also had to create an incident in direct trac on top of post to the board. There is the incident id I just created that references the default number 2188.

Joy K George [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 28, 2006 07:47 PM

Hi Robbe,

We have updated incident 27268.Please follow that.

Regards,
Joy

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;