We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

problem with chartareapaint

Hai All, i am displaying striplines in chartAreaPaint,because i want to view my strip lines with same width as i created ,in case of zooming also. but whenever i added series to my chart control, then chart is appearing like my graph is added to the chartcontrol below the grid lines. but, i need to add my graph & control points on top of Grid lines.even i am attaching my source code here.... please, Let me know to do it, expecting very quick response from you.. Thanks&Regards, sharada..

DragGraph0.zip

11 Replies

SH sharada July 24, 2006 04:25 AM UTC

Hi,
please give me a soultion at the earliest.
Thank you,
Sharada.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 24, 2006 09:19 AM UTC

Hi Sharada,

We regret very much for the delayed response.

Few changes are made in your sample which now displays the graph above the gridlines as you desired. Actually we reduced the ScatterSplineTension property of this graph to minimum values. Please look at the modified sample and let us know if this helps.

Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Ramesh

DragGraph00.zip

SH sharada July 31, 2006 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,
Still we are getting the same problem. If you observe the example provided by you,the X-Axis lines are on top of the graph.How can we set below the graph. We are handling the lines draw functionality in chart area paint but we are attaching the series to the chart control before that. is that be a problem?

Expecting quick response.

Thank You,
Sharada

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 31, 2006 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Sharada,

I am afraid that i was not able to reproduce this issue. Could you please let me know the Essential Studio version you are using?

Thanks,
Ramesh.

SH sharada July 31, 2006 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Ramesh,
Thank you for your fast response.We are using 4.1.0.50. If you Zoom the graph you can clearly identify that problem.

Thank you,
Sharada.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 1, 2006 06:42 PM UTC

Hi Sharada,

Yes. I identified that proplem when i zoomed it. This is not problem.This is properity of spline type chart.

If you have any doubts regarding this, please let me know.

Regards,
Ramesh.

SH sharada August 2, 2006 05:33 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,
If you use default grid lines, then we are not getting this issue even though it is spline. But as per our requirement we need to draw our own grid lines in the chart area paint. So we are getting this problem. If you observe in the chart, the Y-Axis grid lines are below the graph and X-axis grid lines are above the graph. Because we are drawing X-axis grid lines in the chart area paint. Is there any solution for this?
Please give me a reply as early as posiible.

Thank you,
Sharada

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 3, 2006 05:15 PM UTC

Hi Sharada,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Could you please send your output screenshot?

Thanks for being patient.

Regards,
Ramesh.

SH sharada August 4, 2006 05:39 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,
i''m sending the screen shot of my application. Please look into it and suggest the solution.My application has graphing featre. In the graph i''m drawing the x-axis grid lines in chartarea paint. But y-axis grid lines are default lines provided in the chart. Based on my input values in the application, i''ve to create custom points and sereis. I''m adding my default series to the chart control in the Form_Load event. That series will be changed based on the custom point movement.If you observe in the screen shot, the series(Spline) and the custom are drwan below the X-Axis grid lines. How can avoid this?If i create striplines as grid lines then i didn''t have any problem.The graph was drawn on top of strip lines. But i''ve problem in Zooming. When i zoomed the graph the strip lines are appearing as bands not lines. so we opted to draw the lines in chart area paint.From then we are facing this problem. Please suggest a solution.

Thank you,
Sharada

AppImg.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 7, 2006 09:58 PM UTC

Hi Sharada,

Sorry for delay in responding.

I am afraid that this feature is not currently supported by Essential Chart. I will create feature request and send a link to you.

Thanks for being patient.

Regards,
Ramesh.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2006 07:06 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry about delay in getting back to you.

I have logged a feature request, #1152 - problem with chartareapaint, on this regard.

You can track the status of the same in the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/chart/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1152

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Ramesh.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon