We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Child tables not drawn when parent expanded

Hi, I have GridGroupingControl that displays or hides child tables based on data in the parent row. This approach was suggested by Haneef and involves using a custom grid grouping engine and setting the table heights to 0. Refer to my original thread for more information on this approach: http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=45803 This approach works just fine until I set either the ShowAddNewRecordAfterDetails or ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails properties. When I set either of these properties to true or false (regardless of the default) none of the child tables are painted. However, I can trace the code and see that the child tables are indeed being set to a visible row height. I have attached an example solution (WidgetGroupingGridExample) which demonstrates the issue I am experiencing. The steps to reproduce the issue are as follows: 1) Open the project and notice that the WidgetMaintenanceLog child table has these properties set in its ChildTableDescriptor.TopLevelGroupOptions property. 2) Run the project and click on the "+" for each Widget. When this runs on my system, it does not expand. 3) Now, delete the two lines of code (99 & 100) in the InitializeComponent() of the MainForm. 4) Run the project and click on the "+" for each Widget. The child tables should now expand as expected. Let me know if you need any further explanation to reproduce my issue. Thanks, Scott

WidgetGroupingGridExample.zip

4 Replies

SM Scott Mercer July 17, 2006 06:35 PM UTC

Hello? Did I post this message in the wrong forum? If so, please let me know the correct forum and I will repost this thread. Thanks, Scott

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 18, 2006 05:32 AM UTC

Hi Scott, Our apologizes for the delay in getting back to you. We have no other reports of this issue, and have not seen it in our many system. Your sample working fine on my system which has "Essential version 4.2 +Windows XP sp2 +.Net 1.1/2.0" installed. Exactly what version of Windows XP are you using? Are you only installing Essential Grid or are you installing Essential Studio? Are you installing binaries only, or the source code version? What version of the .NET framework and VS are you using? Have you seen this on multipple systems? If you give more information about this issue, we will try debugging here. Regards, Haneef

SM Scott Mercer July 18, 2006 04:19 PM UTC

Haneef, We are using Essential Studio version 4.1.0.63. I will upgrade my system to version 4.2 and see if this fixed the issue. I will post a reply with my findings as soon as I know more. Thanks, Scott

SM Scott Mercer July 19, 2006 05:52 PM UTC

OK, I just upgraded to version 4.2 and the child tables are now showing up when I click on the "+" button.

--Scott

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon