We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Popup form

Thread ID:

Created:

Platform:

Replies:

46052 Jul 4,2006 08:12 PM UTC Windows Forms 0
Tags: FAQ
Peder Ydalus
Asked On July 4, 2006 08:12 PM UTC

How to create a popup form? Whereas this question might sound simple, it''s far more intricate. I''m of course not thinking about any kind of popup, but a popup form like the one used e.g. if you want to choose a font color from the Microsoft Word toolbar. Using Deactivate is not good enough. The form steals the focus from the main form. Using a panel doesn''t work. These kind of popup forms are able to be displayed outside the bounds of the parent form. I''ve seen an example which intercepts a whole lot of windows messages, but figure this is a bit overkill. So: How can I make a popup window that disappears when the user clicks outside it, presses ESC, ALT-Tabs to another application, and that doesn''t claim the form focus? Thanks! - Peder -

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;