We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

EMF file support

Hello, I''m testing your Essential PDF component and I have the following problem with it: I can draw your sample emf image using page.Graphics.DrawImage(...), but if I try to do so with my own emf images, I get an pdf file with empty pages. So can you please try and tell me, when this bug will be fixed? (I attached my test files as zip.) It''s very important for me. Regards, Claudia Krönicke

test files.zip

18 Replies

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team June 1, 2006 02:41 PM UTC

Hi Claudia, Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF and sorry for the inconvenience I was able to reproduce the Issue. I have consulted the development team regarding this we will try to fix it as soon as possible. Regarding the time frame for fix I will send you an update as soon as possible. Thanks, Ajish.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 19, 2006 03:34 AM UTC

Hi Ajish, Any update on this issue? I''m encountering it as well. Thanks.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team June 19, 2006 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Tomas, I am afraid, the EMF issue has not been resolved yet. The development team informed me that they found some critical issues in it and are working on rewriting major sections of the implementation so I am not able to promise an exact timeframe on the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. However this issue is only with some emf files and here is a sample which imports a metafile into the PDF document. Sample: Working with Images.zip Please take a look at the sample and let me know if you have any concerns. Thanks, Ajish.

CK Claudia Krönicke June 23, 2006 09:12 AM UTC

Hi Ajish, I''m still interested in this issue. Can you please let me know (by mail), if you have new information? Thanks, Claudia

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team June 24, 2006 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Claudia, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are actively working on this issue with high priority. I will send you an update regarding this as soon as its fixed. Thanks, Ajish.

JK John Kuempel July 6, 2006 02:58 PM UTC

I, too, would also like to know when a fix for this issue is released. I try to draw emf images onto a page and I get some weird results such as blank pages, parts of charts being displayed and nothing else, all headers and footers missing, all titles missing, etc.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team July 6, 2006 05:50 PM UTC

Hi John, Sorry for the inconvenience, will it be possible to send the files that you used for testing this issue. So that I can investigate further on it. Thanks, Ajish.

JK John Kuempel July 7, 2006 07:09 PM UTC

The attached zip has some of the images, a source file, and the pdf that was generated with them. Some of the images were left out because of size.

tmp23C3.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2006 08:18 PM UTC

So it's been several months now.....has the issue been fixed?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2006 10:43 PM UTC

Hi Eugene,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I tried to create the sample with the EMF file that you had attached. It is working fine here when I run the sample using Syncfusion version 4.4.0.51.

Here is the sample for your reference.
EMF.zip

Could you please take a look at this and let me know if you have any other queries.
Regards,
Prakash.

MF Michael Farnum January 16, 2007 04:58 PM UTC

With 4.4.0.51 I still have problems with emf data. The following example shows metafile data created by our own component that displays correctly on a Windows Form but shows up as blank in the PDF document. Do you have a solution for this? If not, it's a showstopper for using this functionality.

emftest.zip

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team January 17, 2007 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the sample. I was able to reproduce the issue. Currently Essential Pdf doesn't render the emf images that have been generated using image data. However, I will consult with development team regarding their thoughts on this issue and provide you an update in a week.

Thanks,
Dhivya.

MF Michael Farnum January 31, 2007 06:55 PM UTC

Ok, it has been 2 weeks now. Any response?

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team February 1, 2007 01:36 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have forwarded the request to development team. It seems it can be implemented only for our next release. However, I will update you if it can be done before that.

Regards,
Dhivya.

MF Michael Farnum February 16, 2007 08:32 PM UTC

Dhivya,

Which version of release (major, minor, build)?

Thanks,
Mike

SJ Sivasankari J Syncfusion Team February 19, 2007 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for your patience.

The fix for this issue[Defect #3585] will be available on or before March 15. We will provide you the patch once the issue is fixed.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Sivasankari

SJ Sivasankari J Syncfusion Team March 15, 2007 08:00 AM UTC

Hi Claudia,

We are working diligently to fix this issue. The process of rendering emf image to the pdf using image data is a complex task, since mapping of GDI+ drawing commands to Pdf graphics command is very hard to achieve. We are working very hard to solve this problem, and it will take about a week to fix this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Sivasankari

SJ Sivasankari J Syncfusion Team March 19, 2007 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Claudia,

We have looked into this issue and the rendering the emf image using imagedata in to pdf is a complex task as you know. The fix for this issue which ensures the good resolution and accuracy will be available in the next release (which will be in May). But these images can be rendered as Bitmaps as a work around. Please consider this work around and we assure that the good resolution and high quality of the image will be available in the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Sivasankari

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon