We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Docking Manager & Docking window with iteself

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

42122 Mar 20,2006 03:53 PM Jun 7,2006 05:05 PM Windows Forms 5
Tags: Tools
Jonathan Quail
Asked On March 20, 2006 03:53 PM

I am encountering a problem with the DockingManager in Syncfusion 4.1.0.62 (was also in 4.1.0.50 as well) and VS 2005. I have attached a sample project that should illustrate the problem, and these are the steps: Drag two of the panels (call them Panel A and Panel B) outside of the application (so they are both floating separately outside of the main window area). Now drag Panel A overtop of Panel B but don’t let go – so the docking guide appeaers. Now move it back to its last spot outside the main window. (As in, user starts to move Panel A, and then changes their mind and moves it back). Now if you click and drag Panel B (the one you almost docked Panel A with) – you will notice docking guide controls overtop of it, from the last operation. Enabling you to dock the window with itself - suffice to say, that doesn’t end well. The application will crash with an object reference not set to an instance of an object. If you can''t reproduce the problem, let me know and I can try to clarify the steps. Thanks! Jonathan

TestMaximizeWorksapce0.zip

Joy K George [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 21, 2006 05:45 AM

Hi Jonathan, Thanks for bringing this issue into our attention.I have logged a defect report regarding this issue.We will address this as soon as possible.Here is the link to track the progress of this bug fix Defect #1728 - Improper behaviour when we use VS2005 and Whidbey DragProviders We will inform you ,if any workaround has been developed by us regarding this issue Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Joy

Replied On March 27, 2006 01:45 AM

Hi Jonathan, The Issue 1728 has been fixed.The patch will be available soon. Regards Joy

Jonathan Quail
Replied On April 11, 2006 11:44 AM

Great! Thanks for looking into this. Jonathan

Replied On May 23, 2006 09:05 AM

Hi Jonathan, Our new version is ready to download.Here is the link. http://www.syncfusion.com/Downloads/latestversion.aspx Please try this and let me know, if your issue has been resolved. Regards, Joy

Jonathan Quail
Replied On June 7, 2006 05:05 PM

Yes - that fixed our issue, but now I am having another issue with the Docking Manager, I have posted about it here: http://syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/Forum.aspx?ForumID=5

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;