We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

A question about context menu

We have a popup menu using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.PopupMenu. When I perform an click action on it, QTP record it as SwfWindow("SwfWindow").SwfObject("SwfObject").Click 68,130 I coded my own custom server, and modified the swfconfig.xml to handle Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.PopupMenu, but my QTP still recognize it my a "SwfObject". I used the object spy of QTP, and I got: Class Name: SwfObject swfname: swfname path: swftypename: Anybody has any suggestions?

10 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team March 8, 2006 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Liming, According to Mercury, for custom .NET controls, the QTP custom server can be coded if the control was derived from the System.Windows.Forms.Control. But the Syncfusion PopupMenu was derived from System.ComponentModel.Component class. We are looking in to the possible aspects of enabling QTP support for the Syncfusion controls derived from the Component class and I will update you as soon as it was done. Thanks for your interest in the Syncfusion products. Regards, Nanda.

AM Alex M. July 28, 2006 06:35 PM UTC

Any updates ??

>Hi Liming,
>
>According to Mercury, for custom .NET controls, the QTP custom server can be coded if the control was derived from the System.Windows.Forms.Control. But the Syncfusion PopupMenu was derived from System.ComponentModel.Component class.
>
>We are looking in to the possible aspects of enabling QTP support for the Syncfusion controls derived from the Component class and I will update you as soon as it was done.
>
>Thanks for your interest in the Syncfusion products.
>
>Regards,
>Nanda.

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team July 31, 2006 10:55 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

We are currently working on providing complete QTP support for menus. I will update this thread with more details in two weeks time.

Best Regards,
Mano

KC Kirtikumar Chanodia October 13, 2006 10:39 AM UTC

Hello,
I am facing exactly the same issue while testing my application (which uses XPMenus) using QTP.
Can someone please let me know the latest information on this?

Regards,
Kirtikumar Chanodia

>Hi Alex,

We are currently working on providing complete QTP support for menus. I will update this thread with more details in two weeks time.

Best Regards,
Mano

KC Kirtikumar Chanodia October 13, 2006 10:40 AM UTC

Hello,
I am facing exactly the same issue while testing my application (which uses XPMenus) using QTP.

Regards,
Kirtikumar Chanodia

KC Kirtikumar Chanodia October 13, 2006 10:40 AM UTC

Hello,

Regards,
Kirtikumar Chanodia

AM Alex M. October 13, 2006 04:46 PM UTC

Well it was 2 month instead of 2 weeks.
Any news ??

>Hi Alex,

Best Regards,
Mano

Any news ??

>Hi Alex,

Best Regards,
Mano

Any news ??

>Hi Alex,

Best Regards,
Mano

SK Sachin Kumthekar November 27, 2007 08:04 PM UTC

Hi,

We are also facing same issue. We are using QTP 9.2 with syncfusion 4.1 and syncfusion 5.0. We are not able to record sub menu items and context menu items. Is there any way we can get it?

Thanks
Sachin

>Well it was 2 month instead of 2 weeks.
Any news ??

>Hi Alex,

Best Regards,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon